Grandma!

Friday, May 16th 6:00am

"Ughh" I groaned, and rolled over on my back. I really dislike mornings. I'm just not a morning person I guess. I mean if you ask me to stay up until 5:00 in the morning, that's okay, but not waking up then. I hate that. 

I rolled over and got out of bed, slowly making my way to the door. I walked into the hallway and saw Layne passed out on the couch. I walked pass Jerry's room and saw him passed out as well. Figures. I continued my walk to the bathroom, still half asleep. Ughh.

I am a wreck. Technically I haven't really showered for about 3 days, and it was really starting to show now. My hair is still half in a pony tail and half down. My makeup is still all over my face from yesterdays nightmare, and I wasn't wearing a shirt, only a bra and some shorts. "God why didn't Layne say anything last night." I thought to myself as I started a shower. I took my hair down and stripped out of my clothes and got in the shower. And it felt amazing. 

I love hot showers so much. They just relax me and seem to melt away everything for the short time that I'm in the shower. Anyways, I washed my hair and my body and made sure I smelt all nice and pretty, and then got out. I finished all my morning shit that I have to do, to make sure I'm clean, because honestly I hate that feeling I get when I'm dirty for a long amount of time, then I walk back to my room. 

"Today is going to be a long day." I said to myself as I started to look for some clothes. 

I grabbed a little black and pink floral dress, since I was going to be looking for a job I might as well look semi good, and finished it off with some thigh high socks and my boots. I brushed my hair out and let it hang over my shoulders today, and grabbed my bag. 

"Hey Layne." I said walking into the kitchen.

"Good morning." he mumbled to me from the couch.  He was still half asleep with his face buried in the pillow.

It was 7:00 am now and since the guys were still sleeping I decided to just leave now and eat later.

I walked down the stairs and out the apartment building door where I was greeted with the very humid weather outside. I could already tell that my hair was going to stand no chance against this weather.

I continued walking to my car, jumped in and I was off in search of a job. I went all over Seattle but still couldn't find any place that was hiring, until I saw a little thrift shop. It looks like its promising, I thought to myself as I pulled into the parking lot.

I walked inside and started looking around. There was about 7 maybe 10 people walking around inside, but it didn't look like anyone was working there.

I started walking around looking at all they clothes the store had to offer. Boots, jackets, shirts. Everything was neatly organized. Finally I decided to go up to the check out area, where there was an younger girl, probably around 20, standing up by the cash register.

"Hello!" she said. "How can I help you?"

"Yes, I was wondering if you were looking for any extra help around here?" I asked hopefully. "I just moved here and really need a job." I explained to her, really hoping I didn't come off to desperate.

"Actually yes we are! I just had to fire two people a couple days ago."

Yes!! I screamed to myself. It's about time I got a break from this never ending search.

She then continued to explain to me about the job. How I would be a cashier, and would also be restocking and keeping everything tidy in the store. She then continued to do a quick little interview with me. You know the usual questions you get asked during an interview.