Chapter 9 ✨

Melanie

"He said that he'll call me since he has my number."

I was talking on the phone to Destiny about my interesting talk with Daniel since I needed to rant about it to someone before I exploded.

"Well, what did you say after he said that?" She said eagerly.

"I couldn't say anything after that because he just drove off before I could retaliate."

"Melanie!" I heard my mum call from downstairs.

"Hold on boo, imma be right back." I said to Destiny before I set my phone down on my bedside table and ran down the stairs to the living room where my mum was.

"Yes, Mama?" I said as I approached her form on the couch.

"Can you pass me the remote?"

I looked at my mum and then I looked at the remote from where it was on the other side of the couch on which she was sitting on. Did she literally make me walk all the way downstairs just for me to pass her the remote which was literally right next to her?

"Mama, not to be disrespectful or anything but the remote is right next to you." I said matter of factly.

"I know and? My dear, I didn't bring you into this world to question me." She said giving me a 'who do you think you're talking back too' look.

"Sorry Mama." I said before giving her the remote.

"That's more like it." She said before changing the channel to Aljazeera.

I walked back to my room so I can continue my conversation with Destiny about my date tomorrow night with Daniel.

"Sorry about that. My mum wanted me to do something for her."

"Nah, it's all good. Anyways, do you know what you're gonna wear? You have to let Jasmine and I help you dress up."

"I have no idea where we're going so I can't possibly know what to wear."

"What are you waiting for then? Call your man and ask him how you should dress. "

"He ain't my man."

"Boo, you and I both know he's your man. Now imma hang up so you can call him."

"Wai-"

I can't believe this chick had the audacity to hang up the phone on me in the middle of my crisis. I decided to just swallow my pride and call the obnoxious dickhead.

"I didn't know you were that desperate to hear my voice Princess." He said.

I could literally imagine the unwavering smirk that was plastered on his pretty boy face.

"Well, hello to you too my obnoxious dickhead." I answered.

"So, i'm yours now? I knew you would fall for me before our first date."

"Honey no. I just called to ask what I should wear to our date tomorrow night."

"Wear something casual yet nice because I don't want to be seen with you around town looking like a literal zombie."

"Oh wow. Aren't you quite the gentleman." I said sarcastically.

"I'm just playin' Ma." He said with a chuckle.

"Ok, well thanks for the tips kind sir."

"No worries my fair maiden. Anything to make my future girlfriend's life easier."

"Boy, bye." I said with a chuckle as I ended the phone call.

"Lights out Mel and Derek!" I heard Mama shout from downstairs.

"Night Mama!" I said before turning of my lights.

"Goodnight Sweetie!"

⚡️⚡️⚡️
I know I haven't updated this book for like a month due to the fact that imma HUGE procrastinator. But i'm gonna try to update at least 2-3 times in a month if I can. Comment and vote.

🍑