chapter 2

You even liked
my clumsy moments
But I wonder if I even deserve that love

『。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。』

『。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。』

Friday
Byun's residence
4:10 pm

"What's the easiest way to kill someone?

Baekhyun asked to himself, while lying down on his bed. His hands were on his stomach and his eyes were staring at the white ceiling above his bed as he could loudly hear the ticking of the clock, and the beating of his heart. 

Why was he thinking such things you asked?

Well, it's not much of a big deal but he just recently heard everything his classmates and to his surprise his teacher the plan they had earlier just after he stepped out of the classroom.

He knew there was something wrong ever since last week when Mrs. Yoon failed him in his mid term grade, when in fact Science was the his highest grade he had when he recorded it in his portfolio . He also noticed the plan that his classmates prepared yesterday when he over heard his seat mate Han talk about their plan when Baekhyun had his earphones on. But luckily for Baekhyun he hasn't play his favorite song 'Bad Reputation' by Avril Lavigne yet.

He didn't know what stopped him from playing the play button yet  but maybe it was because he felt something was wrong.

One last clue he found out was the smirk Mrs. Yoon had when Mimi was rampaging towards the door. He saw Mrs.Yoon when Mimi passed in front of her.

He foresaw that someday they would return all the things he's done to them, but remembering all the moments that would end up to just what happened earlier was hard. He couldn't count all the times he was being a dick.

He remembered failing Jeonsuk on their project for simply not attending the group meet up at 10 am and arriving at 12 noon, simply because he woke up late.

or the time Yuka just arrived at Korea as an exchange student from Japan and Baekhyun embarrassed her for being too stupid to understand Korean.

Or maybe it was when he ripped Mimi's paper to pieces because he was afraid she would beat him at the poetry contest. Mimi reported him to the principal but Baekhyun won the argument explaining to the principle that she didn't have proof that it was him .

Well, Baekhyun wasn't stupid, he ripped her paper at the men's restroom where there weren't cctv's around.

But Baekhyun thought that the only missing piece to the puzzle is, why did Mrs Yoon help, and going as far as being part of the act just to embarrass Baekhyun.

Still, Baekhyun's an ass isn't he?

He knows it damn well.

Yet one thing he wanted to experience in his life is a four letter word that all the girls in his class talk about . A simple four letter word that even his parents couldn't give him. And who would've imagined that Baekhyun wanted this, it was none other than

Love.

Baekhyun knows that love could be explained by science, but the feeling of it couldn't be explained by mere words. Baekhyun hasn't experience this but he knows love can change a person drastically. Love, can make your heart beat louder than a clock. It can make your horrible day into a good one just because of it and most importantly love could also change how you think of yourself. Like just how the books he read describe it to him.

Baekhyun wants to experience that, that's what his heart is telling him. But his mind tells him that he doesn't need it, that he could live his dream without that feeling, that he could be successful without it, that he could conquer the world without it.

He doesn't know it yet, but in order for Baekhyun to feel loved is that you need to be able to tear down the walls and walls of his intelligent mind before opening his delicate and soft heart.

Back to reality, Baekhyun is now sitting in front of his desk before he grabbed out his books and his pencil case, preparing to study for his upcoming math exam. He was about to write down the pythagorean theorem but before his pen could even touch the paper the door bell suddenly rang.

"Ugh, Damnit" he annoyingly mumbled before he stood up on his chair and angrily went down the stairs. He wasn't expecting anyone to ring the door bell this early, because his parents would usually arrive late at night until midnight. He slowly went towards the door and opened the door cautiously and peeked outside.

Surprised when he saw a six foot man wearing a suit and shades and two other two men holding a suit case when he peeked outside. Baekhyun lifted his head to look at the men before him before opening the door widely. The two in front didn't wear shades unlike the man at the back. The one on the left has a tan skin and a bit shorter than the one at the right. The man on the right had pale skin and a sharp jawline.

The man at the back gently smiled at him before giving Baekhyun a small wave.

"Hello there, young man. Are your parents home?" The tall man asked, still with a smirk that isn't going to leave his face anytime soon. Baekhyun had this curious look before replying back with a "No sir they aren't, may I know what's your business with them?" The tall man then took of his shades and folded it before answering.

"I'm one of their clients, and I have something important to discuss with them" He answered back seriously. His grinning face immediately changing into his intimidating one, with his eyes piercing right through Baekhyun's soul.

Baekhyun suddenly became nervous, he was informed that all his parents clients were dangerous and were either part of the mafia or the yakuza's so he needed to be extra careful with them. People part of the underground pays well just for protection and defense so Baekhyun's parents took that bait.

Baekhyun snapped out of his thoughts and quickly asked  "Would you like to come in and wait for my parents to come home, sir?"

The tall man replaced his intimidating eyes with a now bright and joyous one with a matching smile on his lips replying

"Thanks..." but before the tall man could finish his sentence he stopped midway.

"May I know your name, young lad?"

Baekhyun looked at him straightly for the first time before raising his hand towards him.

"Byun Baekhyun, how about you?"

the tall man the shook Baekhyun's hand and softly smiled before answering his question.

"Park Chanyeol"

Baekhyun realized that the man he just shook his hands with is the most prioritized client of his parents. The boss of the PCY Corp. The boss of the bosses in the underground world

Park Chanyeol.