chapter 10

I am so thrilled to have 10k reads and I know I wouldn't be able to do that without you guys so THANK YOU!

C H E R R Y

-TRIS'S POV-

Have you ever wondered what sand tasted like? Well, please do not ever reach that point of stupidity and actually try.

You must be thinking, 'what the hell is she talking about?'

Caleb, Four and I are currently sitting on the hot sand, playing truth or dare. Four dared me to lick sand of my finger so, being the competitive person I am, I did the dare.

+ + +

The golden sand and clear, blue ocean is an amazing sight to see. I just want to jump in and swim but unfortunately I can't. Mum said it is not good if you swim straight after you eat.

After finishing the game of truth or dare, we all had breakfast on the beach. It was lovely, you could hear the birds chirping and the waves crashing onto the sand.

Mum, dad and Marcus are walking along the boutiques that are lined up across the road from the beach. Caleb and Four are shamelessly flirting with tanned, Aussie chicks. To be completely honest, I am slightly annoyed seeing him flirt with other girls but who am I to talk, I'm not even his girlfriend.

So I'm left here all alone, lying on my beach towel, tanning. I've got my white tank top over my bikini and my shorts off, laying next to me on the sand.

The top part of my bikini is black and strapless. It's got a pattern of pink and red triangles on it. It also shows my curves and all. The bottom of my bikini is a simple black color.

"Why aren't you in the water?" I hear an all-too-familiar voice.

"Because I just ate," I reply keeping my eyes closed with my hands behind my head, relaxing.

"Don't be a wuss, if you don't go I'll just have to get you in the water myself then,"

"I'm fine right here thanks,"

I hear Four's footsteps walking away so I take off my top to get an even tan, exposing my bikini.

Suddenly, I am being picked up by two warm hands. One placed on my back and the other placed where my knees bend.

I let out a small shriek and instinctively wrap my arms around the person's neck. I look up and open my eyes to see Four.

A blush creeps up my cheeks. I can feel tingles all over the parts where our bodies touch. His abdomen is on full show and let me tell you, he is a one hell of an attractive guy.

He stares back at me with a glint of amusement and something in his eyes I can't decipher. Then I realize that he is carrying me to the direction of the water. Oh no...

SPLASH!

The water looks so inviting and warm from where I was before but now I think otherwise. It is freezing though refreshing.

"Told you I'd get you in," Four says, triumphantly.

Then he runs to the water and joins me with a wide smile on his perfect face. A genuine smile, not a cocky smirk or a teasing smile bit a genuine one.

I give him a smile back and forget that he'd just thrown me into the water like a rag doll.

We start splashing each other, chatting, laughing and playing games. It was a perfect day. But all perfect days has to come to an end...right?

A blonde who I'm pretty sure was flirting with Four before, came over to us, in the water.

"Hey Four, funny to see you hear," she flirts while batting her eyelashes as if she was having a contest of who could blink the most. She turns to me and gives me a glare. Jealous are we?

"Umm...hey," he replies.

She strides over to him and places her manicured hands on his toned chest while I'm standing next to him, frozen.

Breathe in, breathe out. Just keep it cool.

Surprisingly, Four take her hand off of him and takes my hand instead. "Sorry, we're gonna leave now," he turns her down.

I give the girl a proud smile and she sends daggers my way with her deadly eyes.

Hand in hand, we walk to the sand. The warmth of Four's hand is electrifying and I don't want to ever let go.