• T W E N T Y • T H R E E •

Zacznij od początku

Rage rolls her eyes and snorts, "That right there is why I would think that."

Shrugging, I reply, "Honestly, school is just a waste of time. I already know all the material and I probably know more than the teachers."

"I knew you were smart," She remarks. "But I honestly didn't think you were that smart. I always assumed strategy was just your strong suit, Nerd."

"It is," I reply, ignoring her calling me a nerd. "But that doesn't mean that strategy is my only skill, right?"

"Right," She agrees.

There is a pause in the conversation and I am finally able to tell where were going.

"The diner?" I question out loud.

"Yup," Is her only response as we continue.

As the building approaches, I quickly grab the door for her because Mom always taught me to open the door for others. Especially pretty girls.

Her eyes widen with surprise as she looks up at me and shine with an unreadable emotion, but it quickly disappears from view as she enters the restaurant muttering her thanks.

"Hello, Thorne," I greet the man at the front desk coldly at the same exact time Rage does.

A part of me wants to laugh at the fact that we both said the same thing, exactly the same, at the exact same time. Another part of me wants to be smug and call it a victory. But I don't do anything but glare at Thorne and I can feel Rage doing the same beside me.

I have no idea why she is mad at him, but I am mad at home because he's a jerk to me and my brothers, Asher in particular. I don't know what he has against Asher, but whatever it is, it doesn't give him the right to treat us like garbage.

"I'll seat us and save you some time," Rage tells Thorne smoothly, raising an eyebrow as if challenging Thorne.

He just stares at her, causing her to his sharply and head on her way.

Thorne's eyes are glued to her ass as she makes her way to a table and I grit my teeth but don't say anything, knowing I certainly can't do anything about him looking at her.

I pull a seat out for her and she wears that surprised look again before snapping, "This isn't a fancy restaurant, dumbass. You don't need to pull the damn chair out for me."

"Need to? Or get to?" I reply with a teasing grin.

The faintest shade of pink paints itself over her delicate cheekbones and my grin only grows.

"Well, hello, Rage and Gage," Mom greets us, a huge and mischievous smile on her face. "Aren't you two supposed to be at school? What are you doing here?"

I turn to Rage and question, "Actually, I'm curious too. Silent we just eat?"

Rage smirks and answers, "I wanted dessert and to grab my sweater that I had left here a couple nights ago."

Nodding knowingly, Mom says, "We have it in the back, whenever you want to get it. But I'm still confused as to why you two are ditching."

Mom gives me a pointed look.

I shrug and respond, "Rage suggested it."

Looking at me, Rage drily remarks, "That bus you just threw me under? I hope it swerves and hits you in the sidewalk."

I laugh lightly, causing Mom to stare at me.

"Anyway, Fiona, we both know all they're teaching us. School is just a waste of time and energy. You wouldn't want us to waste our precious youth would you?" Rage asks, looking at Mom with the sweetest and most innocent look ever.