Chapter Twenty Six

So, when Carlisle told Eris to tell me, that the pain was excruciating, both of them were lying.

Excruciating is putting it lightly. Very lightly.

Try glass, knives and kitten claws, kinda pain. Then add Jabba the Hutt in a steamroller crushing you into a bed of nails and more glass.

Yeah, that's still putting it lightly...

Oh stop being so bloody melodramatic!

Eris! Fuck, what happened? How's Bella?

Well, uh, it's the first of April and you've been out cold for two weeks solid. HALLELUJAH!

Bitch...

That's the Nova we all love! Ish...

Just tell me what happened!

James messed with Bella, bit her, Emmett ripped his head off and that was very amusing to watch, then he saw you and it got depressing. Edward had to suck the venom out of Bella. Not as kinky as it sounds.

Get on with it!

Alright! Bella was in hospital for two days with multiple injuries but she's fine now, Renée thinks you and Emmett were camping for two weeks and had no signal. Alice had fun fabricating the lie of Bella falling out of a window.

I bet she did.

Emmett had to drive you here, A la Cullen résidents, all the way back from Phoenix, one of the perks of not having to sleep I guess. School thinks you're in a coma, which isn't technically a lie and they haven't had the time to investigate since I've kept them on their toes. I'm one vandalism or bitch fight away from being expelled. Lauren Mallory caught me fucking her boyfriend.

Why am I not surprised?

Suddenly my hearing decided to make a reappearance and I heard a door slam, "Edward says her heart's starting to stop!" Emmett spoke hurriedly.

Sir Broods-A-Lot isn't wrong, slow feels better than when it was pounding.

Then there was more voices, followed by the sound of footsteps and a sudden cool pressure on my burning hand, "Babe? Can you hear me?"

EMMY BEAR! Damn I want to kiss him right now!

I heard a laugh followed by a chuckle, "Oh, she can hear you," Eris said through her laugh.

"Ember, babe? Can you open your eyes?" Em asked, his voice closer, applying a little more pressure to my hand.

There was a set of feet dancing close to me, "She's going to wake up in roughly a minute or two, her heart's almost stopped," Alice's tinkly pixie voice told them, from the breathing I could hear 7 different people in the room; Em, Eris, Alice, Jasper, Edward, Carlisle and Esme.

Where are Conner and Rosalie? Are they with Bella?

The three of them are with Danny.

SHIT! Danny's here?

She heard what happened to Bella, so she kept calling you and you, of course, couldn't pick up. So when Bella woke up the both of us went and collected her. Danny and myself moved her stuff into the cottage you bought and I live in the spare room with a new wardrobe of clothes, Via Alice.

What did you tell her?

The truth. Carlisle told us we could and Danny's not going to tell anyone you guys are vampires and believe it or not, she wasn't surprised that I was a voice in your head.

She took it okay?

She thought it was awesome. Crazy fourteen year old. You missed her birthday, but we had a small party and she absolutely adores Emmett and he adores her too. It's cute they actually looked related.

The fire in my body started to fade and my heart was barely moving, "Ah, it's almost over."

"Should Eris go back the cottage? Will she be safe?" Esme asked caringly, worried that I'd smell Eris and dive head first into a blood frenzy.

"Eris should be fine, if she stays behind Jasper," Alice told her reassuring the mother.

There was a swish of clothes and footsteps.

Then my heart gave a last beat and it was gone...

No beating, no breathing, no pain.

Just a slight tingling at the back of my throat.

I flickered open my eyes, only to be met by fucking blinding lights.

Great. Thanks.

I sat up abruptly, blinking rapidly, my lungs inhaling unnecessary air, but it felt interesting.

I could taste the air, it was crisp, fresh and after I stopped blinking rapidly I could see Esme, Alice and Eris stood at the door behind Sir Broods-A-Lot, The Good Doctor and Jazz Pants, who all looked at me reassuringly while Eris grinned.

My skin was the same as before, but it felt stronger and it had a shimmer in it.

Cock...

More like dildo.

I snapped my focus back to Eris and rolled my eyes, "I may look like a sparky dildo but at least I'm taller than you," my voice sounded huskier than before, but in a more delicate way, if that's possible?

Eris raised her eyebrows and folded her arms, "I may be shorter than you, but at least I'm not the one dressed like purple cabbage."

I shot up from the bed onto my feet, not wobbling at all, even though I had on a pair of 16cm, Black TUK Ruffle Wedge shoes. I looked down at my dress, my hair swaying forward.

Now it's completely white. Well that's better than just having white roots is guess.

It doesn't look so bad, it actually makes you look hotter. Almost as hot as me!

Thanks Eris.

Turning around and staring down at myself, I noticed I was wearing a tight purple satin dress. It was very low cut and extremely short. On the left cup you could faintly see the outline of my nipple piercing and I could feel that I was wearing no bra.

Wonderful...

I looked up at Alice, who was smiling happily, "Alice," I placed my hands on my hips, "Why do I look like a high class hooker?"

She gasped in mock offense and giggled, ran round Jasper, "You look hot. Purple suits you."

A pair of massive muscular arms looped around me, just bellow my braless chest. Emmett placed his lips to my ear, "She's right, babe. You look hotter than ever, if that's even possible. That dress does suit you."

Now is a really good time to do good on that promise I made.

Don't hurt too many trees.

I smirked then turned so I could whisper in his ear, "But wouldn't it look so much better lying on the forest floor?"

And with that, I was swung up into his arms as he took a running jump out of the window, landing swiftly and speeding towards the forest. Tearing the dress from me in one tug. Leaving me in my heals and panties.

I pouted, "Shame, I liked that dress."

He smiled down at me, "I like your nipple ring more."