Chapter Sixteen

Edward scowled openly at the thought of other vampires being near Bella, while Emmett continued to growl and rub his arms around my waist and hips.

Serious matter, I don't need being turned on to add to the drama.

We're just lucky that Danny prefers to be alone most of the time.

Why's that? Do you not want my best friend to live with me?

It's not that. Well, actually it is that. One word. Cockblock. We've been cockblocked by Alice one too many times and it's really wounding our sex drive, adding in a thirteen year old girl is not going to help that.

Em says that Rosalie always wanted to have kids, she can play babysitter or Emmy bear and I can have wild forest floor sex whenever we go hunting.

Done deal. Sorry for the lovely images we're giving you Eddie.

"Can you make it?" Carlisle asked Edward and Em, his eyes flicking toward Bella and me again.

"No, not carrying," he cut short, "Besides, the last thing we need is for them to catch the scent and start hunting."

"How many?" Emmett asked Alice over the top of my head.

"Three," she answered tersely.

"Three!" he scoffed, "Let them come," the pure guns of steel flexed magnificently around my waist through his tracksuit sleeves.

For a split second that seemed much longer than it really was, Carlisle deliberated.

It seemed that only Em was eager, while the others stared at Carlisle for his decision.

"Let's just continue the game," Carlisle finally announced, his voice level and collected, "Alice said they were simply curious."

All this was said in a blur of words that lasted only a few seconds. Bella and I listened carefully and caught most of it, though I couldn't hear what Esme now asked Edward with a silent vibration of her lips. I only saw the slight shake of his head and the look of relief on her face.

"You catch, Esme," he said, "I'll call it now," and he planted himself in front of Bells, just as Emmett led me a short distance away from the pair for space.

My arms latched around his neck in a loop tugging myself up to ear height, "If you don't stop flexing I'm going to end up jumping your bones, right here right now, regardless of the incoming vamps and the others," I whispered very quietly, just so that he was the only one who could hear it.

He nuzzled his nose beside my own ears purring lightly, as if he were a cat stretched out in sunlight, "I would have no objections. However, a courteous gentleman, would at least buy a beautiful lady dinner first," he nipped the tragus of my ear.

Kind of hard not to turn into horny goo right now!

A smirk slipped it's way onto my face, "How about, once the transformation is done, we have wild sex next to an empty mountain lion and you can lick blood off me?" I suggested, my breathing turning heavier.

"That, is the best thing I think I've ever heard," he growled heavily into my ear, licking the side of my face, "I can wait a day or two, and we might need more than one mountain lion, I happen to have a lot of stamina and no need to sleep."

Sex and blood all day long, I am so down for that.

Mmm... Just imagine naked hunting with Emmett, licking hot thick blood off of those abs...

Eris... Do not push me over the edge!

Grudgingly, I pulled back slightly,

"What did Esme ask Sir Broods-A-Lot?" I muttered curiously.

He hesitated for a second before answering, "Whether they were thirsty or not," he muttered back, his nose tickling my ringleted hair.

From the corner of my eye I saw Bella remove the band from her hair to drape around her neck as a thin veil, "They'll be able to smell that we're human aren't they?" I asked Em.

Emmett shook his head, his hat making the action look rather amusing, "Only Bella. Not only does she have singers blood, but she naturally has a floral smell, which to vampires, is quite a delectable scent. You, on the other hand, are undergoing the transformation, meaning we can barely hear your pulse and can also smell venom in your veins."

I bit my lip, "So I'm completely fine as long as I don't do anything at all?" I questioned.

"Even if something does happen, I'll protect you babe, but I'm sure you could just cough on them and they'd be up in flames," he laughed, though I couldn't tell if he was sincere.

The seconds ticked by, the game progressed with apathy now. No one dared to hit harder than a bunt, and Connor, Rosalie, and Jasper hovered in the infield.

"Rose's not very happy with Bells, she's shooting lasers at her head," I breathed out hoping Rose wouldn't hear.

The stunning blonde's eyes were expressionless, but something about the way she held herself told me she was angry, it was the same position Maddy would have when her anger issues flared up; that's why her nickname was Psycho.

Where as Rosie was called Petal for obvious reasons, Danny was called Morticia because of her obsession with the Addams family and I was Breeze, because my eyes were a shocking vibrant blue colour, or at least they were until they turned lilac.

Em dipped his head down, keeping his eyes on the game, "It's because she thinks Bella's produced too many issues, what with Edward saving her from being crushed to death and also because she's jealous that Bella's human and she isn't. We always knew you'd be a member of our family but we weren't prepared for Bella."

Suddenly his breathing stopped and his eyes zeroed in on right field, he took a half step, angling himself between me and what was coming; the three vampires.

Sexy protective Emmy bear.

Carlisle, Connor, and the others turned in the same direction waiting for the arrival of the not so welcome visitors entering from a passage hidden in the trees.

Let the fun and games begin...