Chapter 10

We landed in a beautiful opening in the trees, small little daisies popping up here and there. The stars were shining brighter than I had ever seen and my demon sank back all the way in my mind to let me have the beauty to myself.

"You know," Alex started, his voice rumbling in my ear, "we aren't really supposed to leave the house."

"Why not?" I ran a finger along his collarbone, curled up in his arms.

"They can't track us. Well, me."

I sat up straighter as we landed in a beautiful field. "They can track me?"

"Yes, the pain in the back of your head is a device that can track you anywhere in the human realm." He stuck his nose into the hair on the top of my head. "It is also what allowed your demon through. They were blocking her all of your life."

"Must be why I'm so antsy." I mumbled.

Alexander turned my face to look at him. "She is a part of you, Elisavet. You have to let her have equal ground. She is on your team."

"This isn't exactly normal, you know?" I gave him a skeptical look.

He was hesitant in speaking.

"Well spit it out, Alex." I rolled my eyes.

"You need to let her out again so she may imprint on me. Otherwise, if another eligible male comes along, she might choose him instead." He seemed nervous almost.

I stared up at him, his eyes glowing a vibrant gold, a hint of black creeping in. His huge, leathery wings were tucked against his back, and his claws were resting on my waist. The moonlight shining off of him made the demon standing in front of me look like a black angel. The weirdest thing was that I wasn't afraid. I could sense the protection radiating off of him. He would never hurt me.

"Okay." I finally whispered, and closed my eyes, giving in completely to the crazy monster that was fighting to get out so she could see Alex's demon. Alexandros. The name that sent shivers down my spine. He was a brilliant sight to see, and I appreciated him just as much as my own demonic side did.

It was calm this time. I felt a relaxing chill go over my entire body, and it almost seemed as if I was falling through the air, the wind blowing my hair back from my face and washing over my body in a coolness. My skin lit up and I opened my eyes.

I could almost see myself reflecting back in Alexander's now completely black eyes. My pale skin surrounded my own inky dark eyes, my pitch black hair hanging just in front of my ears. Tiny horns protruded from the top of my head, and a sleek tail waved out from behind me.

"You're beautiful, my Elisavet." Alexandros cupped my cheek in his hand.

"Thank you, my king."

That one phrase from my mouth seemed to do it for the big, bad demon standing in front of me. He pulled my face up to his, pressing his lips directly onto my own. It was a short, sweet kiss, like he knew I wasn't ready for more. My demon was itching to go all the way in the next twenty seconds, but I knew she was holding back for my sake.

"Elisavet," Alexandros' voice was breathing heavily into my ear, "I don't think I could hold back any longer unless you imprinted."

My demon leaped into action, and my fangs ached hard in my mouth. I pulled back a little when she lifted up onto her tip toes and zeroed in on Alexander's neck.

"Let her, Elizabeth."

I choked up hearing my human name come from his lips, and it felt unreal. I lost all control, and my demon lurched forward, sinking her fangs right into his skin.

I felt his blood in my mouth, but my demon swallowed it eagerly. It tasted like sweet honey, and I, surprisingly, wasn't repulsed. However, the most unexpected part was when Alexandros began to moan.

My cheeks were as red as they had ever been as he dug his claws into my backside, grabbing and kneading roughly. I felt this huge wave of submission come over me, and my fangs automatically contracted from his skin, and I sunk back onto my feet in front of him.

When Alexander shoved away from me, I felt my eyes prick with tears.

"Did I do something wrong?" I whimpered, my demon sinking back in my mind to let me have this moment with him.

Alex turned back around to face me as his wings slowly disintegrated into ash behind him. "No, my Liza." He cleared his throat and tugged on the front of his jeans. "Nothing wrong at all."

I marveled at the two bite marks I had left in his skin, along with the huge hickey surrounding them.

"I had to put an end to it." Alex chuckled. "You almost drained me." His cheeks reddened and he turned away.

My eyes widened and I felt a smile lift my cheeks. "You're blushing!"

Alexander turned back to face me, a completely stoic expression dressing his face. "We should head back before they send the hounds."

"The hounds?" I looked up at him in confusion as he took my hand and started walking us back to the house in the distance.

"Hell hounds." He looked down at me. "They are very vicious."

"Do you think we could fly, then?"

"Of course, my queen." Alexander winked at me before the wings sprouted magnificently out of his back and he swept me into his arms. "Anything for you."

I rolled my eyes. "Don't push the queen thing."

"Of course," he paused, a small smirk on his face, "my queen."