6. Jungkook

I'm playing video games in my room with my older brother. Like we normally do after school, he wins and I get frustrated and suggest that we play a different game.

But before that can happen, a car we'd never seen pulls into our driveway. It looked fancy, and the man that came out of it looked even fancier. He was wearing a military uniform with medals and everything. We'd never seen a man like that, aside from our father.

We looked at each other with confused expressions, after all, what are an eight year old and a ten year old supposed to think about that. We weren't dumb, but the thought of our father dying was so far beyond us, that it never even came to us.

Maybe this man was delivering a message from our father. He was absolutely not dead, at the age of eight, that thought was impossible to me.

My brother paused the game and ran down the hallway to he stairs. I soon followed him and we peered through the gaps in the railing.

A knock at the door, our mother walks out of the kitchen, smelling like cookies and sugar.

She opens the door to see the man in the uniform.

"Oh hello, how may I help you," she says with a nervous smile.

"Mrs Jeon?"

She nods.

"I'm sorry I've got to tell you this, but your husband died at war, we will be in contact for funeral preparations."

My mother's nervous smile is gone now, her face is pale and her eyes are blank.

"I am sorry for your loss," the man nods to her before walking back down the driveway and getting back into the car.

I look to my brother in confusion to see him almost as pale as my mother, his hands were shaking uncontrollably.

She closes the door, before falling to her knees. She turns her face to the stairs to see my brother and I.

Her eyes tear up and her lip quivers, I rush down the stairs to comfort her, I'm still clueless. I crash into her with a hug and my brother follows. She holds us away from her and looks us in the eyes.

"Boys," she says, her voice shaking.

"Mummy, what happened?" I ask.

She pulls on a strong face and tries to comfort us with a smile. It doesn't last very long though.

"Something happened to daddy," tears run down her face.
The possibilities come to me now, but I still couldn't imagine it. So I wait expectantly, for her to tell us.

"Is he okay?"
She shakes her head.

"He's gone honey."

"What do you mean," I ask with a shaky voice.

Shaking her head before pulling us into a hug, "he's dead."

|

That night none of us slept. I heard my mother crying in the next room.

Our family never fixed itself. I don't see my mom smile very often, and even when she does, it's not a real smile. I don't know if we would've been allowed to stay with her if my brother and I hadn't grown up as fast as we did. Not physically, but y'know...mentally. We had to take care of our mom.

I might not have even lived for this long without my friends. Especially Jimin, he's my best friend. Well Jimin and I have been a bit more then best friends before, but that's in the past, I have a girlfriend now, and we'd both moved on a while ago.

Coming out of my thoughts, I realized that our train was stopping. Jimin waves his hand in front of my face.

"You awake?" He asks with a faint smile on his face.

"Ya, ya I'm awake," I say as I stretch out my hand for him to take and help me up. He takes it and pulls a little too hard, making me stumble into him.

"Oh uh, sorry," he says with a light blush on his cheeks.

I smirk, "Where's Jiwoo?"

"Oh, she had to go to the bathroom really bad," he responds. I nod.

"Let's find her so that we can get a taxi," I say walking towards the women's bathroom to wait for her.

|

Getting out of the car and thanking the driver, Jiwoo and I walk towards the motel while Jimin pays the man. Catching up to us, we walk up the the main door and knock.

The door bursts open revealing an overly cheerful (as usual) Hoseok.

"Jimin!" He says pulling him into a tight hug.

Letting go he looks over and notices me, "Jungkook!" I laugh as I hug Hoseok, it's been a long time since we'd last seen each other.

"Who's this," he's says eyeing up Jiwoo.

"This is my girlfriend Jiwoo."

"Nice to meet you, I'm Hoseok, but you can call me Hobi," he said, smiling big as ever.

"Nice to meet you too," Jiwoo says giggling a bit.

"Well, come on in, you've got to say hi to everyone, and then I'll show you where you can sleep."

We all follow Hoseok inside, finally ready to relax after our long journey.

|

I'm not sure how many people are actually reading this, but if you are, sorry I haven't updated in a while. I don't really have an excuse I'm just lazy. I'll try to update more often. Anyway hope you're enjoying the story!

-CJ