Frankie's mouth formed an "o", and she nodded in understanding before she said, "Don't worry. I won't tell anyone."

My dad nodded curtly and gave her a grateful smile. "I'm sorry about Wesley. Jason will help him learn control. He helped all of us. He just needs time to process all of this," my dad attempted to comfort her.

She wiped another stray tear from her cheek. "I know he will..." She then wiped her hands on her jeans and continued. "I should probably get goin'. I don't think it will do any good with me being here."

Before anyone could protest, Wesley's mom left the kitchen, and only seconds later, I heard the front door shut. I turned and looked at my brother, Isaac, Parker, and Owen, who were just looking at each other strangely. I don't think anyone expected this.

"You should go check on Rhett," my father suggested while he put his hand on my back. "I'm sure this is a lot for him to take in."

Why does my dad want me to? Isn't that somethin' one of his friends should do?

Instead of arguing, I bobbed my head and made my way to the living room, where Rhett was standing next to Wesley. His gaze was fixated on his sleeping form. There was a mixture of emotions on his face as his green eyes flowed brightly. I was never one for comforting people. I've never been good at it or know what to do or say, but in this moment, I knew that Rhett just needed someone, even if I didn't say anything to him. So, I held his hand and just stood there with him until he spoke.

"I have a brother." I looked up at his face, and he was still looking down at Wesley. "Now, he's cursed the same fate as me. You know, he's the lucky one, growing up normal with a mom and dad, not having to constantly control his temper so he doesn't hurt anyone. He even became the most popular guy in school and is the quarterback."

His words both shocked me and struck a cord. "Don't tell me that your jealous of Wesley?" I accused him.

"I'm not jealous, Rae. I feel sorry for him. Everythin' he has ever known is about to change, all because he is a werewolf," he countered while finally locking his eyes with mine. "All I'm sayin' is that he's about to realize everythin' he's taken for granted. He had an easy life compared to mine."

As soon as the words left his mouth, I realized that I don't know much about Rhett. Something must have happened to him to make him hate what he is. I would have to ask him about it sometime, but not now while everyone is in the house with super hearing. Instead, I hugged him. He was still for a moment, but then wrapped his strong, muscular arms around me. We stood there in a tight embrace for awhile until I spotted Rhett's dad ascending down the stairs. Rhett released his grip on me and stepped back.

Jason held no emotion on his face. He just walked towards us and sat on the chair across from Wesley, where he then observed his son. So many things are probably running through his head right now.

"Did you know?" Rhett asked in a non-threatening tone.

"No," the word slipped past his dad's lips. "You heard what Frankie said about it. I had no idea. If I did..." Jason trailed off.

"You what? Would've left mom for her?"

His dad's eyes suddenly cut to his and glowed red. "Of course not. Why would you think that? I loved your mom. I would've been in his life though. I wouldn't have suppressed his true nature. I would've taught him to embrace it. Frankie didn't know what she was doin'...and probably was terrified and alone." He let out a loud sigh and covered his face.

"You act like bein' a werewolf is such an amazing gift. You know how this is gonna affect him? He's gonna loose his friends, the school of his dreams, football, and any girl that had their eyes on him. He will be a part of us now, and that is the worst possible thing you can be in this town," Rhett growled at his father, making his eyes glow. I could practically feel the anger rolling off of him.

"Rhett, when are you gonna see that bein' what we are is not so bad? You act like we are monsters," Jason fired back, now matching his son's angry expression.

"Because we are!" Rhett yelled. Jason stood up, and their faces were only inches apart. I stood, wide-eyed at their stance. Fear rippled through me as I heard growling coming from them.

But instead of fighting like I thought they would, Rhett turned and left out the front door. Jason cursed and smacked the lamp onto the ground, causing it to break into pieces. As soon as he realized what he'd done, he cursed again and started to pick up the shattered ceramic.

"I got it," I offered and started gathering it into a pile.

Jason shook his head. "You don't have to, Rae. You're a guest here," he replied while throwing the pieces into a small waste bucket. "I'm sorry that you had to see that. Rhett...he hasn't always been this way, only after his mom had passed. He..blames himself."

When my dad "died", I changed too. Losing a parent isn't easy. "Don't apologize, Mr. Dixon. Every family fights. He hasn't really talked about his mom."

We both stood up once the floor was clear. "You can call me Jason," he responded with a small smile. "He doesn't like to talk about her. It's a touchy subject. Maybe one day he will open up to you. The Lord knows he never will with me."

I was about to reply when I heard Wesley stirring on the couch. I quickly turned around and went to his side. His eyes fluttered open, revealing his baby blues. They looked around the room before they landed on me.

"Rae?" He said in a scratchy voice. "What happened?"