Chapter 11

Wesley and I joined our everyone back at the creek and played a couple drinking games before we decided to head home. Hanging out with my friends was a nice distraction, but I couldn't shake that Wesley seen a wolf too.

As Wesley started the engine on his old pick-up and everyone jumped into the bed, I realized that my brother wasn't here. I looked into the back of the truck and seen Savannah, Molly, Austin, and Shelby were finding a place to sit. Blake was sitting in the cab with Wesley, eyeing me of course.

Where's Sawyer?

"Hey!" Everyone looked at me. "Where's my brother?"

Everyone looked at each other and around us with confused looks.

"I'm not sure, Rae," Molly answered.

"I haven't seen him for awhile," Austin chimed in.

Worry was settling inside of me. Something wasn't right. He always comes home with us. I took another look around me and at the other teens. Upon still not seeing him, I strung my fingers through my hair nervously.

Blake's voice sounded behind me, "I think he went home with Holden from the football team."

I turned and looked at her. She was chewing on a piece of gum while she sat in the middle seat with her arm possessively around Wesley, who was in the driver's seat.

At least she was being helpful for once. He was talking to Holden earlier when I approached him.

Relief washed over me. Maybe I was just being paranoid because of everything that has happened. Of course he would try to get a ride with someone else. He was still mad at me. He made that clear earlier.  With my mind at ease, I jumped in the back of the truck and we took off.

As soon as Wesley dropped me, Savannah, and Molly off, I went to bed. I was exhausted and sleep welcomed me quickly.

Unfortunately, my dreamless sleep was interrupted early in the morning by someone roughly shaking my body. I struggled to open my eyes, but when I did, I was blinded by the rising sun peaking through my opened curtains.

"Rae!"

My mom's voice woke me completely up. She sounded upset, and I didn't want to anger her further.

"Huh?" I asked groggily while trying to sit up.

She must of woke up my friends too because they were sitting up from their make shift beds and were watching us.

"Rae, where's Sawyer?" She asked in a panicked voice.

My stomach dropped upon hearing the same words that I asked my friends last night.

"What do you mean?" I responded with a question, confused on what was going on.

"Your brother isn't here, and he didn't come home last night. Do you know where he is?"

My mother's eyes were filled with worry. My brother never does anything without telling our mom where he was going. They are super close.   Her panic made me start to worry too. I thought that Blake said he got a ride. Why would she lie?

I quickly threw the blanket off of me.

"I have no idea. Blake told me that he got a ride with Holden."

"Holden?  Mrs. Ridley's son?  Why didn't he come home with you guys like he always does?" She questioned.

I looked at my friends and bit my lip before looking back at my mom. I felt horrible. It's my fault if anything happened to him. If it weren't for me, he would've rode home safe with us. I should've pushed him harder to make up with me.