When Life Takes A New Turn

Arthit's POV

BUZZZZZ!! The alarm goes off only to make a sleepy Arthit growl and toss to the other end of the bed. After 5 more minutes of what seemed like a peaceful sleep the second alarm goes off which was then followed by the third and then the fourth and this never seemed to end untill Arthit finally had to curse, kick a pillow away so hard that it had to fly and land in another room and get up. 

"what the hell! " Arthit kept muttering unable to keep the irritation out of his voice. Mornings were never meant for him and the other way round you could say Arthit was never meant for the mornings either. Out of many other things Arthit normally disliked,  the one thing that topped the list was waking up early.

"why did i put so many alarms today? ... I don't even have classes anymore!" he thought trying hard to still bring himself to the present, recollecting reality...when it hits him like a truck.

"shit!  My interview " his eyes widen for a moment in realization and he frantically looks for the time.  The bedside watch read 8:10AM angrily, it had tried to wake up Arthit since 7:30.  The interview starts at 10Am and he had only few hours to prepare himself.
He hurriedly gets up and picking up a towel he rushes to the bathroom to have a shower. Once under the shower he tries to relax his now palpitating nerves and reminds himself to keep his calm in the interview room.

It has been few months since graduation and although he had been recruited into Ocean Electrics, one of the most elite electronic companies in Thailand, he still felt that his heart yearned for learning more and staying around education field. He has served for a few months in the company...all of his colleagues and seniors were very pleased with his dedication and everyone saw the potential he had.  He himself had started loving the company and the job,  however deep in his heart he knew he wasn't satisfied. 

Engineering was the second love in his life.  Yes second because his heart had once craved for the love he had for Namtan who was now in a stable relationship with his best friend Jay. Of course he dint confess to her.  He was not a very vocal person. It was his first and only love. He thought his actions must have been louder than the words which never left his lips.  But guess it was too late and once he came to know that his best friend loved the same girl also since high school,  the same way he did,  the unspoken words remained unspoken for the rest of his life.  Although he barely had any contacts with both Namtan and Jay even after being in the same University only with different streams for 4 years,  somewhere he still knew his heart still craved for Namtan and he had made peace with his heart in believing that he would never be able to love anybody as much. Once Namtan and Jay were out of sight right after they left high school and started their relationship,  Arthit had tried to maintain distance with them,  cuz even though he wished Namtan all the happiness in this world,  he also knew he had to keep distance in order to let her go and possibly forget about her which never really happened.  So all this time he tried coping up with the turmoil going inside his heart he kept his brain from loosing it by trying to love engineering. Initially it was difficult but with time he learnt to be happy and surrounded his world with engineering and of course great friends like Knot, Prem, Tutah and bright.  They had been his constants since the first day of college to every ups and downs he faced in life. They were his to-go people.

One day when he felt really confused and had his heart unsettled about his job he discussed it with Knot who because of his unmatched talent in teaching abilities was immediately appointed as an assistant teacher in his own college  and Prem who was currently doing his master's in visual communication because of his love of photography from the same college as well.  They of course reminded him that his talent, hardwork and dedication has kept every road open to him which could make him as much successful as he could desire and so he must seek out for the path he would not only be growing in but also be happy and satisfied with.  It was knot who mentioned about the teaching staff recruitment in their college at the same time and encouraged him to take up the interview if he wanted. To Arthit it was only his wish granted true. He had liked being around newbies and teaching them about rules and regulations of the University as a head hazer in the sotus system and to be honest although he dint like the way it was implemented himself,  he still knew he had evolved to unlock his limits and breakthrough himself. It was adventurous and very progressive.  If only he could teach the kids what he loved and still have the feel and jitters of it, it would be a dream job. He would also keep in touch with the love of his life that was engineering.  It was a quick decision and Arthit agreed in taking up the interview instantly.