Back home in the past

School just started again so I'll try to update as often as I can. please stick with me even if it takes a while 🙇

His mouth was gaping open like a fish.

Getting over my shock, I turned around and tried to summon a potato sack door from thin air. I was figuratively and literally supposed to be dead. I had just blown my cover and now Dante had seen me, alive, again.

And for some reason, the door wasn't appearing.

"Evennnnnyyyyyyyy!"

I jumped five feet in the air -goddam shadow walker abilities- and spun around to face my brother.

'Hi, I'm a secret agent. I got plastic surgery to look like your dead sister so that I could access your parent's inheritance.'

No. That was a terrible excuse.

"What the f*ck have you done," his voice got louder and his face redder. "To my bed?"

What, why was he not reacting to the fact that I was- oh, wait, I recognized the girl on his arms.

"Her again?" I shrieked, stamping my foot and gesturing. "She's the on that bloody killed me."

"Oh, my gosh," Lindsey stopped sucking Dante's neck and turned to me. "I would, like, never kill anyone."

Staring at her, then back at Dante, I was stunned at the situation. How was he still kissing the girl that killed his sister?

"I can't believe you, Dante," a disbelieving laugh escaped my mouth. Without thinking about it, I thrust my hand into the potato sack world and pulled out a baseball bat. Oh, now it decides to work. "I'll kill you, you little shit, even if you are my brother."

His eyes widened and he pushed Lindsey forward, towards me. "Ev, you've gone crazy. Nobody f*cking killed you. You're standing right here."

"Oh, so you're telling me," I advanced towards them, smacking the bat in my hand. I thrust it out to Lindsey's face. "That this little bitch didn't push me down the stairs and that I didn't die?"

Dante looked genuinely confused and Lindsey looked like she had been under the tanning bed for too long. With an overbearing sigh, I jerked my head at Lindsey.

"Get out of here."

She pursed her bright pink lips that clashed so horribly with her dark orange skin. "Uh, no? Rude."

"Your eyeliner is so uneven. It's a wonder anyone even looks at you."

Her hands flew to her face, a gasp escaped her mouth, "Oh, my gosh, no~", and she ran from the room after promising 'Danny' that she would come back again.

When we heard the front door slam shut, I turned to him. "What's the date?"

"Uh, Lindsey? Kinda, she's not really date material-"

"I'm talking about the year type of date."

"Huh? Oh, its the twelfth of February, I think."

"Two thousand and fourteen?"

"Uh, yeah, you know what year it is, or did you actually end up doing heroin at that stupid thing you went to?"

That little comment triggered my memory.

A week before I had died, I had gone to some kid's party (I hadn't been invited, I had gone to cause some trouble since he picked on me in school) and after disrupting all the drainage pipes in his house, some kid caught me and forced me to drink something, threatening to call everyone to bash me up if I didn't.