"I'll call you back when I get a lead." Matt spoke before hanging up. I looked at the phone and sighed.

I handed Caroline her phone and continued to look at Josie. "Baby J I need you to be quiet. Please, please, be quiet." I begged as I held her little hand.

I wondered if I could put a vision into her head but I figured it'd be best if I didn't try to do that to a newborn. As much as I begged the two weren't quiet for a long time.

Eventually we were in a diner and the babies were asleep. I thanked the heavens for more quiet. I laid on my head wanting a well deserved nap. Caroline talked more baby stuff when the twins decided to start yelling again. Dad took Lizzie out and Caroline sat with the crying Josie.

"I'm gonna go outside." I nodded walking away from her to have a break.

I stood by the back of the diner and looked at my phone. I read Stefan's name and sighed. I pressed his name and held the phone to my ear.

"Emma." I heard him say and I breathed with relief.

"You're okay." I spoke closing my eyes. "Where are you, are you doing okay?"

"I can't tell you where I am you know that." He spoke worried.

"Yeah, yeah I'm sorry." I pinched the bridge of my nose. "I'm worried you know that."

"Yeah I do." He replied. "I'm doing fine though. What have you been up to?"

"You know the usual. Driving across the country with two babies who won't stop crying, a paranoid nanny- looking blonde, and a first time baby Dad." I explained with a sigh.

He let out a chuckle. "Sounds like it's been a struggle." He replied.

"Yeah tell me about it." I replied with a small laugh. "The good news is I haven't hallucinated since that night. I'm just worried that if these babies keep me awake any longer it might start over again." I joked as he laughed.

"I can imagine you smiling right now." He spoke as I looked down.

"And I can imagine you looking all cute talking to me." I replied crossing my arms.

"I should probably go." He spoke as I bit my lip.

"Yeah of course. Be safe and call me when you get the chance, okay?" I asked hopefully.

"Okay. I love you." He told me.

"I love you too." I reciprocated as he hung up.

I stayed out back for a while to catch a breath of air. My phone rang and it said called unknown. I furrowed my brows.

"Hello?" I asked confused.

"I expected the next time I talked to you to be one where I was keeping you from doing something you'd regret." I heard as I furrowed my brows. I knew exactly who it was. The problem was I didn't expect to ever talk to him again.

"Why are you calling me?" I asked unsure. "I don't work for you anymore." I added to clarify.

"I know, love, I called because of your new Salvatore boy." He spoke and I could hear his smirk.

"What are you doing?" I asked unsure of his motives.

"Well I just called Caroline and she told me she was worried about you and him and I've decided to help him." He explained.

"Is there some catch?" I asked worried as he chuckled.

"No I just thought it the perfect time to catch up. And to say I'm sorry that the stone made you see me as your hell." He apologized as I furrowed my brows. Stefan must've said something.