CHAPTER SIX

I just realized that this chapter got published before chapter five, I tried to fix it but it didn't work. So the arrangement is off. I'm sorry for that.

__

Zainab

"I'm sorry for what happened yesterday. I probably overwhelmed you, I shouldn't have come off strong on our first meeting. I'm really sorry. I hope you forgive me." Said Abdulmalik, with so much sincerity.

Earlier on, Abdulmalik came to our house. Usman escorted him to dad's living room, he exchanged pleasantries with my parents and gave my siblings the gifts he bought for them.

All this while I was still in my room sleeping. Mum asked me to go and get ready before his arrival but I chose to sleep because I couldn't sleep last night.

Well I did, but not my normal 8 hours sleep. I had stayed up through the night thinking about our encounter and also going through Habiba's advice in my mind.

I eventually gave up fighting the whole marriage situation and accepted it wholeheartedly.

Knowing that Allah is with me through this whole situation is refreshing.

I got up mid thinking to do salatul istikhara and believe me, I felt a lot better when I woke up for Subhi. Which means that it might be a good sign.

I called Habiba immediately after subhi prayer, she almost chopped off my head, saying I disrupted her beauty sleep because she was off. I apologized and told her everything, she was so happy and prayed for the best for me.

I had to be woken up with cold water just like my mum had promised she would, if didn't wake up.

Now here I am.

"Zainab, are you okay? Do you always zone out like this?"

I smiled. "I'm also sorry, I shouldn't have acted the way I did. I'm sorry and apology accepted."

"Apology accepted too wifey."

I blushed and looked away. "Please don't call me that."

He laughed. "You look cute when you blush. I'll keep calling you wifey from now on because of that." He said, smirking.

"Suit yourself."

"So, how is the exam going? I bet my wifey is intelligent so it wouldn't be hard for her." He said, changing the topic.

"Fine Alhamdulillah, we are writing mock now though. Exam will start tomorrow in shaa Allah."

"I wish you the best of luck."

"Thank you."

"Not to be a party pooper, but, I'm surprised at the way you received me today. You weren't exactly this estatic to meet me yesterday and you definitely weren't this nice. I'm sorry for coming off harsh, I was just curious."

"It's okay, you asked a valid question. I already knew it was coming. It's nothing against you, I just wasn't ready about this marriage thing. And I was already way too stressed about it when you spoke to me yesterday that was the reason why I reacted that way. But, I have finally calmed my heart, listened to the people that love me, advices. And most especially, prayed. So, I'm willing to give this a chance. I just pray for khair in our lives in shaa Allah." I said, feeling more confident about my decision.

He smiled. "Alhamdulillah, Alhamdulillah. I am so happy to hear that, in shaa Allah you wouldn't regret this. May we experience happiness in our marriage in shaa Allah.

We talked about random things after the sudden tension had died with our talk. He told me about his friend and I told him about mine. He said his friend couldn't come with him because his mother was sick. He asked if it was okay for his friend to call me, and I said yes.

Before you know it, we were talking as if we've known each other for so long. He left after praying zuhr and eating lunch. When I came out of the living room, I was smiling. Out of nowhere, I heard awwwns, it was Fannah and mum.

God! So embarrassing!

My mum approached me and gave a hug. "I'm so proud of you my daughter for giving this a chance. May Allah fill your life with so much barakah, Ameen."

I mumbled an Amin, smiling and ran off to my room.

It was 5 in the evening, but i'm still not out of my room. Mum had to literally drag me out. After eating lunch, dad talked to me and advised me again.

Fannah too was all smiles saying she's happy for me and in shaa Allah it'll be for the best. I hugged and thanked her.

After dinner, I went to the study room, to study for my exam tomorrow. We are writing physics, my best subject. I studied till 11pm before going to bed.