I'm Sorry

Sad
IW SPOILERS

Tony's POV
I bet that wherever that kid is now, he thinks that I didn't care. I was trying to keep a calm mask on when it happened. I was saying that he's fine not only to reassure him; to reassure myself also.

He probably thinks that I'm disappointed. Why else would his last words have been an apology?

Wherever he is, he thinks he let he down. He thinks I didn't give a damn when he was "dying" in my arms.

He thinks I'm doing fine now. I'm not. Not without him to give me some purpose.

I'm sorry, Peter.

Peter's POV
It's so weird how much time I've been here. It's annoying cause there's nothing amusing to do and I end up thinking. And thinking scares me because my thoughts always land on Mr. Stark.

He's probably doing awful on his own. He was trying to be calm when... it... happened. But I saw a terrifying fear in his eyes. I saw a tear build up.

For a few seconds, I saw myself. Well, the ash that is. And although Mr. Stark kept a hand by his face, I could make out tears.

I feel bad that I couldn't have just collapsed and faded. It would've made it so much easier for him. Rather than him holding me for the last few seconds of my life.

I remember when we were back on Earth a few months ago and he told me that if I died, that's on him. That he doesn't need that on his conscience. And now I've  basically died in his arms.

I know he isn't taking this easy.

I'm sorry, Mr. Stark