Argument

Tony's POV
"I don't care, Tony! You don't do shit around here! You just rot away in your lab!" Steve yells.
"I'm in that lab for good reasons! One of them is modifying our son's suit so he won't DIE! You know, like how he could've died when you nearly CRUSHED HIM in Germany!?" I spit back.
"You're the one who recruited Peter in the first place!"
"Because his two Dads are superheroes! He'd do it too, and that's either on his own or with us. He's SAFER with us." I argue.
Both our heads snap up at a little cough in the doorway.
Peter stands in the gloom, with sleep shorts and his "I Survived My Trip To NYC" shirt.
Shit. It's three in the morning. We probably woke him.
"Did... were you... Peter... did you hear all of that?" I ask.
He nods slightly.
I'm about to tell him to go to bed when Steve steps forward.
"Good. Tell me, who's right? Papa? Or Dad?" he says Papa with a look of enthusiasm and Dad with disgust.
Peter freezes, not expecting to be asked to choose between his two parents.
"No, Steve. You're not bringing Peter into this." I snap.
Steve shushes me, much to my annoyance.
"Now, Peter. I know you realize that Papa is right. And I'm sure Dad won't mind if you say so."
Pete shakes his head. "I-I can't."
"And you don't have to. You head to sleep." I assure him.
"AFTER HE SAYS THAT I'M THE BETTER PARENT!" Steve roars. After his outburst, he looks shocked and confused.
Both Peter and I had visibly jumped and our eyes are still wide. Peter is trembling and his bottom lip quivers.
When Steve sees this, guilt wells up in his eyes and he storms out.
A few seconds of silence pass and I turn to Peter, who immediately falls against my chest, sobbing.
"Sh, it's alright, Kid. It won't happen again, I swear." I soothe him as I rub his back.
He's hyperventilating now and I try to calm him down. I hold onto him tightly and run my fingers through his curls.
"You're okay, Peter. You're okay."