-18- A Pair of Pretty Aprons

Welcome to ze eighteenth chapter!
I'm not even gonna try and 'excuse' my way out of it this time.
School has started again, so let's all try to make the best out of it! Yeah...!
Anyways, have fun reading!
(Please notify me on any grammar/spelling mistakes, so I can correct it ASAP)

———

Author's POV

Dan, Sayori and Natsuki had finally arrived at their high school and the instant they stepped out of Dan's car, they were able to see some major changes done to the school. Sayori was the first to comment about it, "Wow, this is even more decorated than last year!" The outer walls were decorated with all kinds of stuff, from banners to balloons and even graffiti too- oh wait, no that's not supposed to be there, thought Daniel.

Dan opened the trunk of his car to get the two trays with cupcakes out. "Sayori, can you get the other-" He got interrupted by Natsuki hitting his arm. "Haven't you learned already?" She asked while shaking her head at him, "I've made most of those cupcakes, if not all, so that means I have to lift at least one of those trays to the clubroom." Dan rolled his eyes. "Yeah, yeah... you don't have to attack me." Sayori giggled in the background, for which she got two evil looking faces  in return. "And what are we giggling at, huh?" "Ehehe, nothing..." Sayori said before bouncing off towards the high school entrance.

They entered the building and one major thing they noticed, was that the hallways were actually clean. "I have never seen the hallways this clean." Natsuki spoke with disbelief in her voice. "They must be taking the festival more seriously this year or something." Dan said in response. "Yeah, or the students council just couldn't come up with any original ideas.".

As they got further through the hallways, they were starting to see more and more different club posters and banners, which were of course to promote they're corresponding clubs. "Damn, that poster from the gaming club is the exact reason I didn't join it." Dan told them while pointing to a poster that said 'Keep Calm and Play Games'. "Really? I always thought of you as more of a lazy type, ya know?" Natsuki told Dan with a 'kind of' sarcastic face.

Dan did not respond.

"I just thought of this guys, all these posters probably mean that people got here just to decorate this, so did they get up even earlier than you Dan?" "Yes Sayori, some people do take their time to prepare everything on the day of the festival, except for probably the gaming club, I'm certain they put their posters up last friday." Dan replied to Sayori.

———

Dan's POV

We entered the Literature Club clubroom and were met with the other two members of our club. Monika was tapping her pencil on a checklist, watching if everything was going as planned. Yuri on the other hand, was looking over all the posters and banners she's created over the last couple of days, but she was also checking something else which I haven't heard anything about in the list of preparations.

Monika noticed us almost immediately though and greeted us with her usual smile. "Good morning, guys! You can place the cupcakes over here." Monika pointed her pencil at a grouped set of tables. We placed the cupcakes in their designated locations and after that we walked over to Yuri to check out all the different designs she has come up with.

All the things everyone here has said about Yuri's creative side were one-hundred percent true; not two posters she has made were the same, this will definitely be a big factor in winning people over to join our club. Even though I actually really enjoy the little club we have at the moment.

"Wow Yuri, didn't we tell you you were super creative?" Natsuki out of all people, was the one who told Yuri those words of encouragement. "A-a-ah t-thanks Natsuki, I r-really gave it my a-all." Even though Yuri was still shy as always, it did seem like Yuri and Natsuki became better friends over time. They're even arguing less and less about if manga is actually literature or not.

What got my attention the most were the extra 'decorations' I could partly see between the posters, but right before I could ask anything about them Monika came up to us. "Alright guys, if everything is correct this should be everything we need for this year's festival, I'll quickly walk through all the events we'll be hosting today." She told us as she flipped through her checklist.

"So, Yuri and I will be reading out our poems on the school stage and Natsuki, Sayori and Dan will be at the food stands with the cupcakes." She looked at us, asking for confirmation. "Sounds right to me." Natsuki said while nodding. "Oh wait, I almost forgot!" Monika panicked a little bit before walking towards the table covered with all the decorations. She grabbed those pink 'decorations' I was curious about before and held them up. "Look! These aprons are for you guys to wear at the cupcake stand, they even have your name sewed on it and everything."

There were three pink aprons, all with a slightly different design. Sayori's had a big heart in the middle saying 'Literature Club' on it, while mine and Natsuki's were apparently designed to be 'matching'. I really think those guys did that on purpose, they made two aprons with half a heart on each apron and if they're next to one another they would form a full heart. They just had to put our names on them.

"Alright, why did nobody tell me about this? I could have at least mentally prepared myself for this." I told them. "Ahaha, it was kind of a last minute addition, Monika and I were done super early with all the preparations so we decided to help out Yuri and when we thought we could use our leftover time to make some cute aprons, we actually lost track of time." Sayori explained while looking a little embarrassed about not being able to tell us earlier. "Well, it's not like we have many friends who'll see us anyway, right Dan?" Natsuki told me jokingly, trying to cheer up Sayori at the same time. "Hahaha Yeah, you're right."

"Alright everyone, let's go put up all the posters and prepare the last bits for the festival, sound good?" "Yeah, sounds like a plan.".

———

Another oof!
...That's about it.
See you next time!