-38- Whispers

Welcome to ze thirty-eighth chapter!
This should be the longest chapter so far, and coincidentally, it's also the one I'm the most proud of!
I hope you all enjoy!
(Please notify me of any grammar/spelling mistakes, so I can correct them ASAP)

———

Dan's POV

"Hey, Suki," I greeted my girlfriend, after opening the front door.

She's wearing her hair in a ponytail...

"H-hey, Dan," Natsuki stumbled verbally. "Thanks for allowing me to come over on such a short notice."

I laughed at her unusual formality, motioning for her to step inside. "You already know that you can come over without any kind of notice, don't you? I'm definitely never complaining about spending more time with you."

I received no immediate reply, which I thought to be rather funny. Even though we had been in a relationship for a few months now, she still managed to get flustered from the most trivial things. Trivial to me, that is.

"But," I continued before she could reply, closing the door after her. "If you really feel the need to thank anyone, you could always thank Jon."

"I'll do that, then," she replied, taking off her coat and shoes.

God, she looks so huggable.

It was the only thing on my mind. In general, Natsuki already looked like someone I wanted to hold in my arms continuously, but now she was wearing such a fluffy, casual outfit. This woolen, periwinkle coloured sweater with a white cat worked onto the front of it. And the light and slightly structured skirt she was wearing it with only added to it. Her wearing her hair in a short ponytail only topped it all off.

Shockingly though, I managed to refrain myself from pulling her into a sudden embrace. Instead, I opened the door to the living room for her. To me, it was still quite a surreal feeling; having so many people at home, I meant. Katsuma was busy with his homework at the dinner table. Jonathan was busy trying to figure out a new recipe he wanted to try making. And then there was us.

I felt like I could easily fill an entire house worth of energy whenever Natsuki was around. I simply felt content. Never-ending contentment. I definitely never expected my life to get this lively, but I was not complaining in the slightest.

"Ah, Katsu!" Natsuki called out next to me.

The boy looked up and smiled. "Natsuki, look!" he motioned to his notebook before him. Both Natsuki and I walked over to him and looked at all the work he got done. "I've been getting way better at this!"

"That's great! Have Sayori and Monika been helping you out?" she patted him on his shoulder.

Katsuma nodded. "Sayori also comes over from time to time, to help me with the English homework. Definitely helps that she lives right next-door, though," he laughed.

"He still has to muster enough courage to come by our club though," I joked.

"N-no!"

"You think it's because of Monika?" Natsuki thought.

"She does have a pretty powerful aura, not gonna lie."

"It's not that, really!" Katsuma tried to intervene.

We eyed him suspiciously. The boy looked honest enough, so we let him go. "Sorry, Katsu," I gave him a smile. "We'll stop bullying you, for now."

"Tsk."