-2- It's you!

Heya people!
Welcome to ze second chapter!
Thank you all for the 400+ reads on the first chapter.
I hope y'all will enjoy this chapter as well.
(Please notify me on any grammar/spelling mistakes, so I can correct it ASAP)

———

Natsuki's POV

Damn, damn, damn! Thanks to that one guy, I'm now super late to return back to club. As long as they haven't all left, I should still be fine though. Ignoring the rule of 'not running in the hallways', I sternly kept hold of the manga I just acquired and made a run for it.

Luckily for me, the literature club is located in a more remote part of the school. Meaning that the chance of me getting spotted were quite low. I ran past a few corners and a single set of stairs before finally reaching the clubroom. I opened the door without any hesitation, which gave Sayori quite a scare apparently. She was also the only one still present in the clubroom.

"Oh, it's just you Natsuki." She gave a sigh of relief.

"Just me? Who else would it be?" I asked, almost rhetorically as I made my way towards the storage in the back of the room.

"I dunno... I thought maybe Monika had returned for some reason. Or what if there was a serial killer who targeted cute schoolgirls! Then we'd both be in trouble, Natsuki!" The light haired girl explained rather dramatically while she put some folders away at the front.

"You mean just you, I doubt that serial killer of yours would categorize me as one of those 'cute schoolgirls', Sayori. There are barely any people who'd even categorize me as a 'friend'." I retorted.

"Oh don't be silly! You know, if you'd just opened yourself up more, I'm sure it wouldn't be that difficult to find more friends besides those in the literature club." Sayori advised excitedly.

I carefully put the 'new' manga volume with the rest of the series. "Sayori, I really couldn't care less about having more friends. As far as I know, the quality goes down as the quantity goes up. I was just... making a statement."

"Alright, alright. I'll translate that as 'I consider you three as my absolute besties and nothing will come between us!'" She gave her best impression of me.

I squinted my eyes at her, out of annoyance. "Fine, translate it like that..."

"Ehhhhh?! Are you pouting by any chance?" Sayori excitedly skipped towards me. "Show me, show me!"

I instinctively turned my head away from the angel-disguised demon, not even letting her catch a glimpse of my slightly emotional face. "S-Sayori, if you keep messing around like this, that friend of yours will be waiting for you instead."

The bubbly girl gasped, as if she just woke up, realizing her alarm clock had failed to ring. "You're so right! Come on, let's go!" Rather aggressively, Sayori yanked me by my arm and dragged me back into the hallway. I was jealous of her constant energy, if only I was gifted just a percentage of that.

———

The silence in the hallways was severely uncanny, this would've been the last place I'd consider silent, yet here we were. Luckily, Sayori decided to thrash the eeriness for me. "So, Natsuki..."

"So, Sayori?" I hummed back my reply.

"It's not very often that you're one of the last few to stick around in the club room," she spoke, but intentionally stopped to let me intervene.

I hummed again. "I guess so, why?"

"You went to the library, right? Normally, you'd be back pretty quickly..." She dragged her final sentence.

I knew where she was going with this; typical Sayori behaviour. If there's one thing this girl enjoyed most, it must have been any type of romantic rumour. She was so bad, that she even took a situation like this and instantly marked it as romantically charged. But I've seen through your ways, Sayori. I knew exactly how to deal with this. "I d-don't know what you're talking about," nevermind, I failed.

"Oh! Tell me Natsuki, did something happen in the library? Did you meet anyone?" The energetically peaking teen skipped circles around me, begging for more.

I took a short breath this time, clearing my mind. Sure, maybe I did meet a guy, who wasn't too bad in certain aspects. But it doesn't mean it's a given to fall for the first person who meets those criteria. "Not much and yeah, but it wasn't anything s-special..." Why does my ability to speak just decide to dip the moment I need it most?

Sayori giggled, cutely as ever. "Sure, sure! But isn't it cool to meet people? You should try it more often!"

"I guess..." Now that she mentioned me meeting someone, I fail to get the occurrence out of my mind. That guy really was one of the few people who didn't look down on me right away. This is stupid, I don't want to be thinking about him. Sayori's childish mind is affecting me, and I don't want it to be.

"Next time-"

No more next time, you stupid! The last thing I wanted now, was more of Sayori's influences. The solution to that? I ran, filling the hallway with the sounds of my shoes skidding over the polished floor.

"Ah, wait up, Natsuki!" She giggled further behind me.

Turns out my prediction from earlier was right, we did end up taking so long that Sayori's friend would be the one waiting for us. Actually, as it happened, it seemed like he had been waiting for a long while already.

"Hey Dan, have you waited long?" Sayori jumped forward, carrying with her an overwhelming cheeriness.

"Could've been longer, I managed to kill some time in the library..." He answered before turning to look at me. "It's you!"

I rolled my eyes. "It's me?"

Sayori stood with her mouth agape. "It's who?!"

———

And here you have ze second chapter!
I  hope y'all enjoyed it.
Till next time, laters alligators O.O

Please consider leaving a comment and a vote, all the feedback/support is highly appreciated!