-15- Chain of Events

Heya peeps, welcome to ze fifteenth chapter!
This chapter turned out to be quite long; I somehow got lost while writing or something like that.
I was really tempted to call this chapter 'plot twist', but that wouldn't really fit with the story, you'll soon find out why I wanted to call it that though...
Have a good time reading!
(Please notify me on any grammar/spelling mistakes, so I can correct it ASAP)

———

Dan's POV

The cupcakes were done and we have placed them all on trays; ready to be taken to the festival.
Natsuki and I decided to mix both kinds of cupcakes together on the trays since that looked better than two different trays of cupcakes separated.

Right now I'm in the living room, rereading some Tokyo Ghoul manga on the couch.
Natsuki is taking a shower at the moment because of the mess we made earlier when we were baking.
Of course do I need to take a shower too, but I decided to let Natsuki go first, being the gentleman that I am.

A couple of minutes and a couple of chapters later, Natsuki came downstairs wearing some of my old clothes.
And yes, I'm already aware that I am most likely not going to see those clothes back any time soon.
Luckily, those clothes are too small for me anyways.

"What are you staring at, you dummy." She caught me red handed, but being the 'dummy' I am, I still tried to excuse my way out of there. "I-I wasn't s-staring or anything." I stammered out; blushing. "I was just reading something..." I trailed off.

Natsuki plopped down next to me on the couch; forgetting the whole 'staring' incident.
She laid her head on my shoulder, causing me to blush even more than before.
"What ya readin', Dan?" "Oh, Tokyo Ghoul. Hey, you know I still haven't taken a shower yet right?".
"Ahahaha whoops..." She laughed awkwardly while lifting her head off my shoulder.

"Well? Go take a shower you dummy!" She said pushing me towards the stairs, "Alright alright, calm down tiger.".

———

I came down the stairs after finally taking a shower, to see Natsuki laying on the couch with the Tokyo Ghoul volume on her face. How the hell can she fall asleep so easily?

I walked up to her and took the volume off her face; wondering if she actually fell asleep.
The answer was yes, she really fell asleep in that short period of time.
I sat down on the only spot left on the couch, next to where Natsuki laid with her head.

I looked at where Natsuki had left off with the volume and I began reading at that exact point, seeing I was just rereading it so it didn't really matter. While reading, I couldn't help it but look at Natsuki's sleeping face out of the corners of my eyes; she just looks adorable while sleeping, okay?!

Anyways, I could feel myself slowly falling to sleep, I guess today was a pretty tiring day, huh. Baking and all the other events took quite a toll on me. I gave in to the tiredness and fell asleep not long after, right next to Natsuki.

———

Natsuki's POV

I slowly opened my eyes, I apparently fell asleep while reading Tokyo Ghoul.
Not only did that happen, but my body actually thought it was a good idea to cuddle with Dan's arm.
*sigh* Well, it's not like anyone is gonna notice anyway I thought while cuddling closer to his arm.

But then realization hit me.
I've just fallen asleep and I didn't know how late it was before that.
I searched for my phone like a madman, to find it in my bag a minute later.
I checked the time...

5:37 PM

Crap, I need to be home at six. If I leave now I might make it.
I searched for all my stuff and packed them up.
As I reached for the door, someone grabbed my hand.

"Oh Dan, sorry for leaving so suddenly but my dad wants me to be home at six..." I bit my lip slightly.
"It's alright, I can drive you if you want." He said while rubbing his eyes.
It's actually really tempting, seeing I wouldn't be late if he drove me. But I just don't want him to meet my stupid dad. Ah whatever.

"Ah that would be nice." I answered with a small smile.
Dan looked at me with a shocked expression, "Is it that easy to get you to smile these days? Damn.".
"I won't smile if you don't hurry up, dummy!" His shocked face faded again. "There you are." He said while opening the door with car keys in hand.

———

Dan's POV

While driving Natsuki had to show me the directions since I didn't know where she lives, so that slowed our pace a bit. When we finally arrived, I quickly checked the time before exiting the car.

5:56 PM

Nice, made it in time. I walked to the back of the car and opened the trunk; revealing Natsuki's bag with all her stuff. I took the heavy bag in hands and pulled it towards the house, ya know, being the gentleman I am.
"Hey idiot, I can lift that bag perfectly by myself!" "Can you stop it please, just let me be a gentleman for once!" "You? A gentleman? Pfft, yeah right." I just rolled my eyes at her and plopped the bag down at her front door.

Natsuki grabbed her keys to open the front door, but before she even had a chance to open the door, the door swung open from the inside. In the doorframe appeared a tall, blond haired man, slightly buff too, wearing a pink apron as he greeted Natsuki with a bone crushing hug. "Welcome home, sweetie!" Natsuki looked away; embarrassed. "Hey dad, you can let go of me now." She mumbled.

Her dad let go of her and then focused his eyes on me. "And who might you be, young man?" "O-oh I'm Daniel." "Yeah dad, he's a... friend of mine, he's the one I baked cupcakes with today. Oh, and he also drove me here just now." "Well well, thank you very much of taking care of my daughter, Daniel." He then pulled me into a bone crushing hug as well. "N-no problem..." I managed to mutter out.

"Well, you're right on time for dinner," he told us while checking his watch, "would you maybe like to join us, Daniel?" "Uhhh I don't really think-" I was suddenly dragged inside with Natsuki following; I could hear her sigh behind me.
"Ohh, it'll be fun Daniel, I always make too much food anyway." I just laughed awkwardly.

———

I really like where this is going.
Hope you do too :p
Thanks everyone for all the support!
See y'all next time!