[TWELVE]

*A month later*
It has been a month since Jaemin broke up with Chaerin. Because it's vacation time, they don't have to see each other for a while which is good for both of them. Jaemin has been moving on and it seems like he's getting better and brighter as well. Seeing him happy is enough for me. The problem is myself. I feel like if I fail to control my feelings, I might make everything hard for Jaemin. My feelings for him only get stronger as time goes by. Most of the time, I find it hard to face him and talk to him normally. I guess it's because he keeps suffering from his past relationships. It makes me want to keep him myself so that he won't get hurt again. My head keeps spinning as I'm trying hard to figure out a way to keep my distance from him. A light bulb pops out in my head. Why don't I just...

Take a break and go somewhere else to enjoy my vacation?

Ehh, that's not a bad idea at all. But I can't go anywhere far alone. I might need to go somewhere within Seoul. That's how far I can go since my parents worry about me so much. Where can I go within Seoul alone for a few weeks??? Gosh, this is driving me crazy. Ahh, right!!! My uncle lives in Cheongdam-dong in Gangnam. Yayyy!!! But... I'm afraid I'm burdening him... I need to call him first. I hope he doesn't change his number. Good thing I always back up my contacts every time I change my phone.

"Hello, Jang Woohyuk's speaking." A familiar voice pops up along with his name.

It's really my uncle. Thanks goodness he hasn't changed his number.

"Uncle Woohyuk? I'm Daeun, your niece!!!" I speak up with excitement.

I haven't seen him for like 2 or 3 years since I've been so busy with my own life. I hope this is a chance to meet him. I miss him so much

"Daeun??? Is that you??? Oh god, you don't know how much I miss you!!! I sometimes come to your house but you're always at school. Oh, speaking of school... Are you doing alright?" My uncle also seems very happy to hear my voice. As always, he asks me how I'm doing at school.

"I'm doing good, uncle. I miss you so much too. I'm sorry I can't call or visit you. I've been so busy." I feel guilty for not keeping in touch with him. He's my only uncle since he's my mom's only younger brother.

"I understand. Everybody is busy with their own lives. I'm busy, too." His soothing voice comforts and reassures me.

"Actually... I have a favor to ask you. I'm now on vacation break and I want to spend some time going somewhere by myself. But, you know how my parents are. They don't want me to go somewhere far alone. That's why I want to visit you and stay at your house for 2 or 3 weeks. I can go around Gangnam, hang out and eat by myself. I'll try my best not to burden you. So... Is that okay with you? "I hesitate a bit but finally gather the courage to ask him.

"Of course, you're always welcome, Daeun!!! You can stay as long as you want. You've always been a good girl so you will never burden me. And, I can cook you some food if possible. Don't worry about anything, okay? Just ask your parents for their permission first." He happily welcomes me and puts me at ease.

"Really? Thank you, uncle. Thank you so much. I'll go there tomorrow. Is it okay?" I'm really happy and grateful towards him. I want to go as fast as possible. The faster, the better.

"That fast? Sure, you can. It's Saturday tomorrow. I'm free." He sounds surprised at my sudden plan.

"Okay, uncle. I'll ask my parents for permission now. See you tomorrow." I say goodbye and hang up.

"See you, Daeun." He hangs up as well.

I quickly go down to the living room and tell my parents about my plan. Thankfully, they agree to let me go and give me some money to travel. I also have my own money that I've been saving for a long time so it's all good. I begin to pack up and organize things for my trip. After finishing packing, I sit down a bit and open my drawer in case I miss something important. In the drawer, I see the familiar white gift box containing the bracelet I bought for Jaemin several months ago. I take the box with a smile and begin writing a letter for Jaemin. A letter of goodbye... For now...