[EIGHT]

*A few months later*
A ray of sunlight in the morning shines on me which wakes me up. As I get ready to get up from my bed, I feel something isn't right. I feel heavy and can't seem to lift myself up. Dizziness prevents me from getting up and energy inside my body is gone as well. I even cough and sneeze. Am I sick? Second semester exam is coming and here I am, lying on my bed.

"Daeun, sweetie. Are you up yet?" My mom shouts from outside.

"Mom, can you come in? I need help... *cough cough*" I call my mom for help while coughing.

My mom enters my room and quickly runs to me.

"You seem sick. Oh my, you're burning. You must be having cold. I'll call the doctor over. Just rest, okay?" My mom touches my forehead and exclaims.

"Then, I can't go to school right?" I ask.

"Of course, you can't. How can you even leave your room in this state? I'll call your school for permission. Don't worry." My mom answers with seriousness and worries.

"Okay, mom. Thanks. A-choo!!!..." I smile and a sneeze comes right after that.

"I'll make breakfast. I'll tell you when it's ready. Just lay down." My mom strokes my hair then leaves my room.

I lay down as my mom says and keep worrying about today's class. I don't worry much about other subjects because there won't be any quizzes today. But English class is likely to have one because the teacher kept mentioning having a quiz last session.

As I worry, my phone rings. I pick it up and see who it is. It's none other than Mark.

"Oh, hey Minhyung. What's wrong? *cough cough*" I answer the phone and cough for like 1000th time.

"Eun? Why are you coughing? Are you sick? Mark asks me. He sounds worried.

"Yes... I guess I have a cold. A pretty bad one." I sigh.

"Oh my god...​ So you won't come to school today?" Mark asks again.

"Yeah, I can't. My family's doctor is coming over and I can't even get up now. I'm so dizzy." I reply in low voice.

"Okay. Rest a lot. Don't worry too much about the English quiz. I know you've been worried about that since the teacher told us. I'll tell teacher about your situation if there is really a quiz today. You have me, okay? You know I used to live in Canada and if you need help with English, I'll help you... As usual, I'll also update you about today's class because I know you're a hard-working student who never wants to miss a single class." Mark reassures me.

"Thank you... You're the best." I giggle.

"Haha, don't sweat it. The class will start soon so I'll hang up now. Bye and take care of yourself. I'll visit you after class if I can." Mark bids me goodbye.

"Thank you again. Bye, Minhyung." I thank him and hang up.

I rest for quite a while while waiting for breakfast. I usually help my mom with food whenever I can. Now, I feel bad just to lay down and do nothing.

"Breakfast is ready." My mom calls everybody in the house, which are basically only me and my dad.

"I'm coming." I'm trying to get up so that I can go to the kitchen and have breakfast.

"No need, Daeun. I'll bring your food to your room. You're sick." My mom stops me.

"Honey, is she sick?" My dad asks my mom.

"Apparently so, dear. She even finds it hard to get up." My mom answers.

"Daeun, my puppy." My dad rushes to my room and looks at me with worried eyes.