[SIX]

*20 minutes later*
Finally, we've arrived to the hotel where Chaerin's birthday is held. The hotel interior looks so big and expensive. I'm always in awe as I walk with Mark and Jeno to the destined location.

As I enter the party room, it's so elegant. Everything looks so expensive. The birthday cake is a three-tier white cake and it's so big and tall!!! Her parents must be so rich. I gasp as I see the scene.

I turn around and see Jaemin and Chaerin greeting guests from afar, hand in hand. Chaerin is in all black custom, black dress, black jewelry, black accessories... Everything is black. Her hair makes a big bun, suitable for formal occasions. As for Jaemin, in contrast, he's in all white with his comb over hairstyle. He looks so handsome and elegant. I've never seen him like that before. Thus it hurts me to see them together, I can't take my eyes of Jaemin. Even though one is in black and other is in white, they look so good together. I'm in all white too but it's different. I sigh thinking about some random things like this...​

"Yah, you keep staring at Jaemin. Have you even blinked once?" Mark shakes me up and asks me by whispering.

"Errr... Well... I've never seen him like that. He looks different... Hehe..." I awkwardly laugh while stuttering to answer his question.

"Is it because he combed his hair up?" Jeno suddenly joins the conversation.

"Ye... Yes... I guess so..." I stutter again.

"Ahh, we should have combed our hair up too so that you could look at us like you look at Jaemin." Mark pretends to look sad and sighs.

"Yah, be quiet. Jaemin and Chaerin are coming." I shush Mark up as I notice Jaemin and Chaerin approaching us.

"Good evening, guys. Thank you for coming. I hope you enjoy the party." Chaerin greets us and smiles.

"We will, thank you. Jaemin, you look great in white like that. Chaerin, you look beautiful and elegant dressing in black like that. You guys look great together." I thumb up and admire them, forcefully.

Why did I do that? Have I lost my mind?

"You look beautiful too, Daeun. With your hair all down like that. You always make your hair into a ponytail. Hey look, we both dress in white. Great minds think alike!!!" Jaemin hypes up as he looks at me.

"Great minds might think alike, but babe... Don't you think black and white together is better? Like us..." Chaerin suddenly clings onto Jaemin as soon as Jaemin finished his sentence. She suddenly turns to look at me and gives me a smirk. An evil smirk.

Why is she so bitchy all of sudden? Because of her words, the atmosphere between us five becomes cold.

"Why not, Chaerin? Anyways, we have so many other guests to greet. Let's go. Bye guys...​ See you later..." I guess Jaemin notices the awkwardness so he tries to get Chaerin out of here.

"Oh yes, I forgot. Bye, guys. And Daeun, I hope you understand. Please don't cross the line. I ask of you." Chaerin gives me a mocking look and another evil smirk as Jaemin grabs her hand and both of them leave soon after.

Is that her true nature? Being bitchy, clingy and arrogant like that? I didn't say anything back to Jaemin yet she harassed me like that? That's not important. What will happen to Jaemin if she's really like that? I'm really worried she would break his heart.

"Wow, unbelievable. How could she say something like that to you? You barely opened your mouth. You even admired her. Isn't that too much?" Mark looks pissed.

"It's okay, Minhyung. She's just jealous about Jaemin. She might have gotten some wrong idea." I calm Mark down.

"Whatever... But how could she behave like that to her guest? You're too nice, you know? If I were you, I would make her regret it." Mark hisses in anger.

"Calm down, hyung. You know she's like that. Let's just forget that." Jeno taps Mark's shoulder and calms him down as well.

"Huh? You guys know her that well? What's going on?" I become confused at Jeno's words.

"I'll tell you later, Daeun. Let's stay for a while and leave. The atmosphere here isn't that great." Jeno smiles and tells us to wait a little more before leaving the party.

"I think so. I want to leave too. I regret it so much to even come here." Mark sighs.

"We need to find an excuse to tell Jaemin or he will be upset. Let's tell him I'm not feeling well and you guys have to take me home. What do you think?" I immediately come up with an idea to escape.

"That will do. I'll go tell him then." Mark nods.

"Hyung, when we leave, I want some time alone with Daeun. I need to tell her something. Can you go first? We'll take taxi home." Jeno suddenly asks Mark a favor to leave first.

"Okay then. Be careful on your way home. Call me if something happens, okay?" Mark seems to understand and agrees right away.

Heh? What are they planning to tell me? I'm so curious.

"Got it, hyung. Be careful too." Jeno nods and smiles.

After that, we just wait for some time to pass. About ten minutes later, Mark leaves to find Jaemin and tell him the excuse.

"Let's go. I told him already." Mark returns and tells us to leave.

"What did he say?" I ask.

"Fortunately, Chaerin wasn't around when I went to him. I told him the excuse and he seemed quite worried about you. He told me he wanted to check up on you but he's afraid it would make the situation worse after what Chaerin said to you. Lastly, he asked me and Jeno to take care of you and that he would text you when he gets back home. I nodded and hurried back before that Chaerin girl comes back." Mark explains.

"Okay. Let's go, Jeno. You said you wanted to tell me something." I turn to Jeno and tap his shoulder.

"Let's go to the park nearby. Bye, hyung. We'll call you when we arrive home." Jeno suggests and waves goodbye to Mark.

"Goodnight, Minhyung. Drive safely." I bid my goodbye to Mark as well.

We leave the party together and go to our respective locations.

The sixth chapter is finally here. Enjoy and sorry for slow updates. 🙏💕