[THREE]

Today like usual, I follow my morning routine and go to school. As soon as I enter the classroom, I spot Jaemin immediately. But Jaemin is alone. Where's Chaerin? With no hesitation, I walk up to him.

"Jaemin, why are you alone today? Where's Chaerin?" I tap his shoulder and ask him right away.

"Oh, hey Eun. Before coming to school, Chaerin texted me that she's sick so she couldn't come to class today. I'm so worried. I hope it's not serious." Jaemin rubs his hands together and seems really worried as he replies.

He really loves Chaerin, doesn't he?

"Oh. Don't worry too much, Minnie. She's gonna be just fine because she has a very caring and reliable boyfriend here." I smile and wink.

Who knows, except me, that my smile and wink are fake? Deep down inside, I'm slowly tearing my own heart apart with those words.

"Thank you for your compliment, Eunnie. Now I know why people want to hear a lot of compliments. They make us happy." He finally smiles again and hugs me.

For him, it is just a friendly hug. But to me, it's my everything. My heart beats so fast and my cheeks are getting more and more heated. I hate to do this but I have to break the hug or I'll die today because of the heart attack I'm gonna receive from him.

"Jaemin, stop. What if people see us?" I force myself to break the hug and fake a pout.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I'm just so happy to receive such a compliment from my bestfriend." He smiles awkwardly and looks down.

Bestfriend. I guess I'm not in the friendzone but BESTFRIENDZONE. It's better than friendzone but the amount of pain is greater as well. Thinking of this friendzone thing, I sigh loudly causing Jaemin to frown and look at me.

"Eun, why are you sighing all of sudden? What's wrong?" He asks me and he seems worried. Genuinely worried as a friend and not something more or less.

"Oh, I'm fine. I guess it's my habit, hehe. Sorry if I surprised you." I shake my head and apologize.

"No need to apologize. I was afraid that you weren't feeling well." Jaemin replies softly.

"Oh thank you." I laugh and thank him.

"You're welcome. By the way, can you do me a favor?" He asks, changing the subject.

"Sure. What favor?" I nod and reply.

"Next week is Chaerin's birthday. I want to buy something for her. I was going to take her and buy it together but she's not here now so I guess I have to buy it myself. I don't want to go alone so I want to go with you. You also can give me some suggestions about what to buy as you're both girls. Come to think of it, it's also a good thing that she's not here because I can surprise her with the gift." Jaemin giggles as he talks.

Well, Jaemin... I guess you wanna kill me. Take me to buy a gift for your girlfriend? Really? You wanna make my heart bleed until I die? But what can an idiot like me do? I can only follow you and protect you because I love one and only you. And no one will ever replace you in my heart. No one.

"Okay, Minnie. But I would like to withdraw myself from giving suggestions not because it's burdensome but I want you to pick the gift yourself. I can only tell you if the gift is appropriate or not. You're her boyfriend so I don't want to meddle much." I explain.

"You're smart. If something goes wrong, everything is on me. How mean." He scoffs.

"Maybe." I sarcastically reply.

"I'm kidding, Daeun. You're right. I must pick it myself. Oh, the bell is ringing. Let's meet after class. Fighting!" Jaemin waves me goodbye and we all go to our seats.

Today, Jaemin needs me but not because he wants to be with me but because he's lonely without his girlfriend and wants my help... How great...​

The third chapter is here. It's quite short compared to other chapters but I hope you enjoy. As always, thank you for reading. 💕