"Wow..." Robin's eyes sparkled in fascination as she beheld the extravagant gathering before her. There was some sort of auction being held, and it seemed to be quite a popular attraction seeing as almost a hundred people were sat in front of the auctioneer.

     "Gather 'round, folks! Come take a seat and be a lucky witness to these beautiful pieces of history!" The host announced, panning around the crowd of people that had come over.

     I tried standing up on my toes over the sea of people to see the other stalls, but the rabble was too thick for me to even see the auctioneer. "Woah!" I gasped as fluffy paws grabbed me from under my arms and lifted me up. Bepo sat me on his shoulders, giving me an almost complete top view of the crowd.

     "Thanks, Bepo." I grinned as I patted his head.

     My eyes widened as I saw the so called "piece of history" that this man was selling. "Robin!" I called down to her, the surprise and disbelief written all over my face.

     "What?" She furrowed her browse at me, signs of curiosity now showing in her expression. Hands grew from the ground as she made a makeshift stool for herself.

     She followed my gaze through the curtains. "Devil fruit." Robin breathed, her eyes widening at the sight.

     Dozens of crates were behind the auction stage, and every single one of them was full to the brim with a different type of devil fruit. Men in blue uniforms and caps were prying open multiple boxes at once. If anyone got there hands on something like this, it would be a sheer miracle.

     "Will someone fill me in?" Law asked in annoyance, a vein twitching in his jaw.

     "Put me down." The polar bear gracefully set me on my feet again, muttering a common apology.

     With devil fruit, there are very few possibilities and explanations as to what could be going on. And with my past experience in auctions, every one I thought of was negative.

     "There are dozens of crates hidden behind the curtains of the stage, and all of them are filled with devil fruit." I stated, still taking in the information myself. "But that's completely impossible unless they are all fakes. And I wouldn't count on a popular auction to pull such a scandal."

     Just as I opened my mouth to say more, the auctioneer raised his voice. "The next item, or should I say collection, is one we are very proud to present for the first time ever!" He waved a hand at a few uniformed men, and they brought out a single crate.

     "Go on, pry it open for these curious eyes, aye?" Both employees jacked a crow bar on either side of the crate, and yanked it down in one fluid motion. The cover slid off, revealing the cobalt fruits that resided inside.

     "This here folks is the Wind Wind Fruit!" Gasps and hushed whispers from the horde of people followed his words. "That's right! Your eyes are most certainly not playing tricks on you!"

     I suppose he expected this response, seeing as he continued to talk without hesitation. "A large company owned by the one and only warlord, Doflamingo, is mass producing these fruits! They will be auctioned off in boxes of thirty, the lowest bid starts at one million beli!"

     My eyebrows twitched as I inhaled the information and went into an immediate state of analysis. He had spoken over the producer swiftly in probable hopes that no one paid too much attention to it, but I heard his name clearer than I ever could.

     Doflamingo...

     The corners of my mouth unconsciously tugged down, my teeth scratching together in stress. I knew that name, had heard it countless times before in my father's parlour room. The man who had regulated trade with him, and had also offered countless times to take me off of my father's hands. I knew he was a pirate, but I never wandered my thoughts to the possibility that he could be working under the World Government.