ᑎIᑎETEEᑎ

I clenched my jaw, flexing the muscles in my calves with rage. A fire roared in my chest as I squeezed my fists shut, the joints in my fingers aching.

"Restrain yourself," Law told me as he stood up. "We know where Robin is, but there is still no trace of Bepo." I stood up as well.

     My brows were glued together, shoulders pushed back so far it was almost painful. "If you think that I will just sit here and watch her be shown off like a diamond necklace, you're wrong. Robin and Bepo are a package to them, wherever one goes the other follows."

"Why do you say that?"

"They were abducted in the same setting. And connections are meaningless to them, all that matters is their bounties."

I focused on the stage as the sharpness in my vision rose. Robin didn't seem scared or distraught, instead the expression on her face portrayed annoyance; like she was being inconvenienced. As confused as I was, it made me feel slightly less worried.

     Worried? Was I seriously worried? Me, F/N L/N, one of the worst generation pirates with the reputation of the devil was worried about another human.

     The corners of my lips tugged down as I thought. Over the months that I've been with Luffy and Law's crew, I have changed. I've become more emotion... more attached.

I still hadn't extracted whether I wanted to feel that way or not.

"Did I hear 200 million beli!?" the announcer shouted, microphone pointed at his grinning lips.

I searched the crowd, looking for any remarkable pirates. This festival was a big deal to them, over the years it had slowly but surely become popular among the seas. I would hear whispers about it in the bar, but soon enough it was the talk of the island.

     "I think we should go find Luffy and the others." I told Law, backing away from the edge of the building like it was a feral animal.

     "Can't you search for them from above?"

     I smirked, looking over at Law. He looked terrified, a sweat drop rolling down his cheek. I held back my chuckle.

     "Whaaaat? You don't want to fly with me?" I leaned back and flopped my hands out, faking an offended frown.

     Law's face scrunched up, "Hell no."

     I spat out a puff of air that sounded dangerously close to a chortle, "You scared of heights, Captain?"

"Nope, I just don't want to be thrown around like a sack of flour while 100 meters in the air." He scowled, peering down at me with those royal eyes of his.

I allowed another mocking snicker before letting my wings plunge through my shoulder blades. Each time I called them, it wasn't magic that made them appear, it was growth. They jutted out from the existing bones on my back, and forged themselves in an instant, materializing so fast that they ripped through my skin and muscles like butter.

"Since you're not coming with me, what are you going to do?" I asked Law, raising my arms above my head as I stretched my back.

"Don't worry about that, just try and find who you can." Law started for the back of the roof, and in turn I readied for flight.

I slammed my wings down, launching myself with so much force that my arms fuzed to my sides. My feathers vibrated in the violent winds up near the clouds, the air a deafening pound on my ears.

     While soaring, I spared myself time to think.

     The more I put two and two together, the more likely it seemed that the Kathied incident was connected to this. That lady and her son spoke like there was a boss above them, an authority higher than that snow clad woman.