"Come Along With Me"

Adventure Time is done. But it can never die. It is alive in me, and you guys too. I always knew that it would have to end one day, and I think you did too. Because it is not just a show – it is an idea- it's an experience. I know I speak on behalf of millions of kids who were lucky enough to grow up with the influence. First of all, I would like to thank you for gracing my adolescent self with your episodes. Without that, I can hardly say I would be the person I am today. I grew with the characters and saw some of them in myself now that I look back.  Now that it's over, I won't lie- I fell a whole in my chest - as if my whole past had been rendered to a smoldering pile of ash, smothering the spark you'd ignited so long ago. But I also feel a great deal of satisfaction- like I just drew a perfect circle- or beat a painfully difficult level. While that may sound dramatic, I promise I felt no greater feeling of content yet heartbreak when I sat and watched the last episode. I know some people weren't there from day one but, were fortunate enough to tag along for most of the ride. Now we celebrate what was and grieve what is over. The show that many of us grew up with. 10 seasons and 9 years. April 5, 2010 was the day you snatched my wig and I'd happily let you do it again. I want to thank every single person who made this happen. The only thing that will haunt me is how bad I am with names and good byes. But I will never forget this. All great things must come to an end sadly, I've adventured myself to exhaustion. This show will always have my support.