Chapter 25- Taken

Start from the beginning

If we ever get this situation with Don cleared up and he is no longer a threat then I would be willing to move here with the kids if that’s what Ashlyn wants. I just want to make her happy. Ever since we came here and Ashlyn lost her memory I couldn’t help but think of how I treated her before. I am ashamed of myself for it. I should have tried going about it a different way than by force. Since I can’t make up for it I will be willing to do whatever she wants with the babies and respect her decision.

As the time passed I kept glancing at my watch. It seemed like a lifetime and passed and I was growing impatient. I wanted to know what was going on with Ashlyn and now.

Ten more minutes passed and still nothing from the doctor. I got up off the couch and walked to stand by the door. I stared out waiting for Dr. Kay. She needs to get here soon before I lose it.

“She’s here.” I said anxiously and a black car pulled up outside.

I guess I couldn’t be to mad at how long it took her to get here since she made pretty good timing. Only 45 minutes had passed since my conversation with my dad so that was enough to please me but now I want her to see about Ashlyn and quick.

When Dr. Kay stepped out of the vehicle she surprised me. She was an average height girl with long hair who looked to be about 16 or 17 years old. There is no way she could be a doctor, she’s is not old enough.

 I opened the door and stepped out before she had a chance to even knock.

“You must me Chase.” She said kindly holding out her hand. “I’m Dr. Kay Jameson.”

“Nice to meet you but I’m worried about my wife could you please see to her.” I said impatiently.

I wasn’t trying to be rude but I wanted Ashlyn ok. She was my first priority.

“Of course, where is the patient?” She asked in understanding.

“This way.” I said leading her where Ashlyn was lying.

She took out some things out of her bag and checked Ashlyn over. Josh, Crystal and I watched on in worry until we know what exactly was going on.

After the examination was over she put her things away and stood up. The look on her face is what put me at ease. It didn’t look like bad news and that was a relief.

“I have some good news and bad news.” Dr. Kay said.

“What?” I asked as I prepared for the worst.

“Your wife is just fine but she needs to take it easy from now on. She is caring children now need to hold off on using her powers s much as possible, just until the babies are born.” She explained.

Worry suddenly took back over. “Why is it hurting her?”

“Not yet but if she keeps on like this it could. Being an element controller is a very powerful gift for a normal vampire much less a pregnant one. Her body hasn’t learned how to control it yet so for now she needs to remain calm and not do anything to endanger the babies.” She said.

I had to admit I was glad to hear that, not that she couldn’t use her gift but that she was ok and that was the only thing wrong, it could have been worse. She may be upset to hear about this when she comes to but after the twins are born she can practice her powers all she wants. Right now she will have to make some sacrifices.

“Thank you Dr.” I said shaking her hand.” You just gave me a big relief.”

“I’m glad I could help.” She smiled. “From now on I will be checking in on Ashlyn once a week just to make sure everything is going well with her so don’t worry too much.”