34

~Zacori~

Three Years Later

"Mommy I made a picture for you in school." Zaire tells me as I drove.

"I'll look at when you get out. You going over daddy's house."

"I remember." He said. "Is Ms. Sade going to be there."

"I don't know baby." I said.

Sade is the girl he went on the date with. I guess they clicked because they're together and basically live with each other.

"You ready?" I asked as I cut the car off and turned around to look at him.

"You not staying?" He asked looking at me.

"I'm seeing your aunt today. Maybe another time." He nodded his head.

I got out and helped him out. I grabbed his hand and walked up the steps as Zaire skipped next to me. I looked down at him and he looked back at me with a wide smile. I knocked on the door. A few minutes later Sade answered the door.

"Hi Sade is Harlem here?" I asked smiling at her. She smiled back.

"Hey Zaire and yea I'll go get him you can come in." I stepped in and she closed the door. She walked off somewhere in the house.

"Here mommy." Zaire pulled out a piece of paper from his bag. He gave it to me and I looked at it. It was a picture of him and Harlem and some lady.

"Who's the woman?" I asked him.

"That's you. Me, daddy and mommy."

"It's nice baby I like it."

"Hey Zacori." Harlem said. He came over and gave me a small hug.

"Hi daddy." They hugged.

"Hi Harlem. So I'll see y'all in a few days." I said.

"You can stay and have dinner if you want. We gon' to order pizza and watch movies." Harlem said.

"I-"

"I'm sure Zacori has to work Harlem." Sade says appearing out of no where.

Who the fuck asked you? That's what I wanted to say.

"I'm going to see my sister and niece."

"I want to see Ka'tora." Zaire said.

"When I come pick you up you can."

"Aight well I'll see you later." Harlem said.

"Yea bye Zacori." Sade said wrapping her arm around Harlem. I mentally rolled my eyes. Can't no bitch make me mad about a nigga who face I already sat on. I kneeled down in front of Zaire and smiled. He was pouting.

"I'll see you in a few days. Have fun with daddy."

"I want you here with us." He mumbled. I looked up at Harlem who was scratching the back of his neck. I turned my attention back to Zaire.

"Me, you and daddy can hang out tomorrow. All day if you want." He smiled at me.

"Really?"

"Yea lil man." I heard Harlem say.

"Ok."

"Give me hug and kiss." He gave me a hug and kissed my cheek. I kissed his cheek and stood up.

"I love you be good for daddy." Fuck Sade he don't have to be good for her.

"I love you too."

I left out and went to go meet with my sister.

~Harlem~

"You had fun in school." I asked taking a bite of my pizza.

"Yes. I made a picture but I gave it to mommy." Zaire said.

"Don't put your greasy hands on the chair Zaire." Sade said next to me.

"I don't have to listen to you. Leave me 'lone." Zaire said then put his hand on the chair.

"Zaire don't talk to me like that."

"Shut up. You ain't my mommy and I 'ont have to listen to you. Don't talk to me like you crazy." He said eating his food.

He has an attitude like his mother. When he gets mad he starts talking like her. Sade got up and went upstairs.

"Zaire be nice." I told him.

"Fine." He sighed.

After we ate and watched a movie I washed Zaire up and put him in the bed.

"Zaire you have to be nice to Ms. Sade ok." I said kneeling in front of him while he was laying on the bed.

"But- but I don't like her. I want mommy here with me and you." He said.

I sighed. "It can't be like that. I like Ms. Sade and you have to be nice to her."

"Why can't it be like that?"

"When you're older I'll tell you." I kissed his forehead.

"Goodnight daddy. I love you." He closed his eyes.

"I love you too."