Hood Girl

~Zacori Walker~

Have you ever felt so alone in the world. It feels like everyone is against you. You have no one there for comfort. No one to hold you and tell you everything will be alright. No one to tell you it's going to be ok even when it's not. No matter what you do it seems like everything just go wrong. No matter how hard you try people still find a way to find the faults. Everyone just wants to find the wrong in you. No one wants to look at the good.The good doesn't matter in my life. No matter what I do that I think is right it will still be wrong.

You all alone because no one wants to get to know you. They don't give you the time of day. They don't want to even know what you're about because in their mind they already know you. They already know the kind of life you live. They already know what kind of person you are. But how can you know me when you never talked to me? How can you know me when you never even said a simple hi to me? How can you know my story when you haven't walked in my shoes? People already have this idea about you because that's just how things work. They tend to judge you. It be like that sometimes and there's nothing you could do because you can't change them. You can't change the way they think about you. You just have to go day by day not caring about the rumors because you know what's true.

I don't care about what people say to me because they don't know me. Some of the things they say might hurt but I'll get over it eventually. They don't deserve my time. They don't deserve my loyalty because where were they when I needed them. They were nowhere to be found when I needed a friend to vent to. But they expect me to be there for them when they call. That's not how things work. You be there for me and I'll be there for you. That's how I see it. Who wouldn't want to see it that way? Things happen and you just have to learn from it and move on.

"Zacori get your ass up and get to that bus stop." My mother yelled coming into my room. I was in a good ass sleep and she woke me up.

"I'm up! Damn." I said getting out of the bed and making my way to the bathroom.

"Fuck you just say?"

"Nothing ma." I undressed and stepped into the hot shower.

I live with my mother and step sister. My sister is from another woman. We both have the same father and took his last name. Her name is Tori Walker. She's 17 like me. Her mother died so she came and lived with my mother and I when she was only five. My father left both of us one day. What happened to him? We don't know so I couldn't tell you. He left without notice.

I walked into my closet looking for something to wear. Once I found what I was wearing I put on my bra and panties set. I lotioned up and got dressed. I put my hair into two buns like how Miley Cyrus be wearing hers. Not everyone could pull it off but I could. I put on pink lipstick and my gold hoop earings. I looked in the mirror at my outfit. I had on black and white striped high waist shorts, a white cami tucked in and some black MK sandals.

"Zacori come on before ma start tripping. we can't miss this bus." I nodded and grabbed my book bag that I got from Victoria's Secret and my green iPhone 5c.

"Bye ma." We both yelled and walked out the house.

I looked at Tori and she had on some jean shorts that were a little too short for the school dress code. A black and white shirt from Hollister and some black steve madden sandals. She had her hair in a neat bun and wore her diamond stud earings.

We got on the bus and made our way to the back. The kids in the back were loud and hyper for it to be early in the morning. I hope none of these kids work my nerves. I thought as I took a seat and Tori sat next to me.

"I don't understand why you wanted to sit back here with these ratchet ass kids." Tori said and rolled her eyes. I laughed.

"They not bothering us...yet. Just chill out right now." I said.