9

Miguel's POV

"What do I pay you guys for? This is how you thank me!?" I'm sitting in my Father's office with the rest of the bodyguards listening to him yell at them for doing a terrible job at protecting Imani last night.

Seriously I didn't care about what was coming out of his mouth. Imani's just lurking in my mind right now. Got me wondering if she has even woken up.

"Look at this." He says showing them what's on the media. They were pictures of Imani covering her face and me whispering sweet words into her ears. "Look at how you not only embarrassed me but my son who's getting married in 2 weeks. This gives our family a bad reputation. Fück!!". He slams his hand on the table causing me to forget about my thoughts.

"Théo! STOP. That's enough" My mother barges into the room wrapping her arms around my dad to calm him down.

"Elizabeth, not right now?". My father stands up hovering over my mum. The bodyguards start looking around the room, some with guilty looks on their faces. She whispers something into his ears. My father nods and sends all the bodyguards out.

"Where's Imani?" My mother asks giving me the 'eye'.

"Asleep. She's feeling sick" I say standing up from my chair.

"Is she okay. What did you do to her?" My father asks.

"Nothing, we just had a little argument yesterday". My father looks at me. My mother holds his hand and rubs circles on his plams.

"When she wakes up I need to see her" my mother says. "Has she told you about her notebook yet?" She asks waiting for my response. Some intense silence fills the room. Imani never even mentioned a notebook. "You need to build up your relationship fast Miguel. I don't want any complications" My mum says. They both walk out of the office leaving me to think about what they just said.

I walk out of his office and head upstairs to Imani's room. As soon as I reach her door, I get a text from Hazel. I take out my phone to read the message.

Hazel: We need to talk Miguel. Meet me at Taco Bell at 5pm.

Miguel: Ok

I put my phone back into my pocket and knock at Imani's door. There's no response and the door is locked. "Imani?". I call her name. After a few minutes I decide to unlock the door myself with one of the keys she gave me.

I open her door and find her asleep. I slowly uncover her from her blankets and find a red spot on her grey sweat pants.

I quickly run to the bathroom and turn on a nice warm shower. I run into her room and wake her up. "Imani...Amour" She wakes up. I chuckle at her messy and frizzy natural hair covering her face. I lift her out of the bed and walk her into the bathroom. "Morning Amour . Get undressed. You can stay in the shower for as long as you like." She nods and notices that her period leaked.

Her facial expression changes. I hug her tightly and tell her it's ok. "It's a normal thing Imani, don't stress." She hands me her clothes and I throw them into the wash. Since it was just her sweats, I make her bed and light up some scented candles.

I grab her new clothes and a towel then I throw them into the dryer for 5 mins so that she can feel warm after her shower.

She gets out of the shower. I leave her towel on her bed and out of her room.

Imani's POV

I step out of the shower and dry my body. Looking at all the scars from my recent suicide attempt last year in New Orleans. That was the first place Damien took me on a date.