Epilogo

Epilogo

Miguel Matteo I. Buenavista

Looking at my heavily pregnant beautiful wife who's watering the plants in our garden right now with a sweet smile etched on her face made me remember something from the past like it was yesterday.

I was already planning on telling her that I like her years ago. Sa swing sa may Plaza de Florencia. The first time we went outside the hospital premise. Hindi niya alam but I considered that as a date and I was really happy that time.

She was really beautiful in her dress. Nainis pa nga ako kanina ng sabihin niyang may date siya at marami siyang naging manliligaw. Oh, boys will flock all over her, I know that but knowing that she's not mine yet makes me furious and jealous dahil hindi ko siya pwedeng bakuran because I have no rights.

There's fear inside of me but I know that this is the right time to tell her about my feelings. I cannot wait any longer. I hope she feels the same.

Everytime she tells me that I should contact my family para matulungan ako, there's a voice in my heart that's telling me not to contact them just yet dahil ayoko siyang iwan. I want to stay by her side no matter what the circumstances are.

Alam kong pinagtitinginan ako ng iba because of my situation and I'm really bothered by it but because of her, I realized that giving care about what people think about you will not help you in any way. Their judgement is not needed dahil hindi naman sila importante sa buhay mo.

Kanina ko pa napapansin na medyo malungkot siya for I don't know what reason. I asked her about it but she reassured me that she's fine pero alam kong mayroong bumabagabag sa kanya. I didn't ask again because I respect her her decision not to tell me kung mayroon nga.

I don't want to be nosy.

"Pasensya ka na at dito lang kita pinasyal ah? Ayoko naman kasi pumunta sa mall dahil ang boring doon. Gusto ko sulitin ito." I heard her say with a small blush creeping on her face without her noticing. It made me chuckle.

Kung alam mo lang, hindi importante sa akin kung na saan tayo. Ang importante e kasama kita. You can bring me anywhere, baby for as long as we're together.

"Nah. It's fine with me. I'm happy that you brought me here." I genuinely said while looking at her with amusement in my eyes.

I saw her mouthed. 'no worries.'

I didn't answer back. I can obviously feel the sudden change of the mood. I felt the tension between the two of us. The surroundings got quieter na para bang kaming dalawa lang ang naririto. Is this the sign that I should tell her what I feel already? Probably, yes.

"Migi."

"Aura."

Sabay naming sabi making us both laugh. Sumulyap ako saglit sa papalubog na araw. The timing and the setting is just right. The sunset made the situation romantic and beautiful. I can feel my heart racing like it's running in a marathon. Beads of cold sweat are starting to form on my forehead because of nervousness.

Para akong teenager na magcoconfess sa crush niya for the first time to be honest. I really didn't think that I will fall for someone like her. Ang layo niya sa mga babaeng dinate ko dati, not that I dated a lot but still. Never did I expect this to happen for such a short period of time and knowing that I just got out from a fucked up relationship.