Part 8

Jade struggled to get out from under her blonde girlfriend who was currently tickling her. She couldn’t remember what she had exactly said that had initiated the tickle fight, but Perrie was being relentless and Jade couldn’t stop laughing. She was rolling around and trying to throw her girlfriend off of her, but her smaller size was currently not an advantage.

“Perrie! Hahahaha stop it!” Jade’s abs were starting to hurt from laughing so much, and tears were slowly starting to slip from her eyes. Jade realized struggling was futile and simply gave up. She was tired of losing to Perrie.

Perrie soon got the hint that Jade was starting to get annoyed with all of the tickling, so she simply rested her hands at the sides of Jade’s head and hovered over her girlfriend. Perrie saw the tears on Jade’s face from the laughter and instantly bent down to kiss them away. Jade giggled and sighed out at her girlfriend’s actions.

One tear was left on Jade’s face, and suddenly, instead of kissing it away, Perrie stuck her tongue out and sloppily licked it away. Jade shoved Perrie off of her and rolled over to the other side of the bed.

“Perrie! You’re so gross! What was that for?” Jade tried to stay serious as she crossed her arms over her chest, but it was hard to when Perrie was flashing her that adorable toothy grin. Jade pulled her sleeve of her jumper over her hand and wiped away Perrie’s spit from her face.

“You’re cute when you’re angry,” was all Perrie said back. She was still grinning like an idiot at Jade. Jade’s stern look slowly melted into one of love and amusement. Perrie cocked her eyebrows to show that she had won the stare down, and Jade simply stuck her tongue out at her girlfriend.

Before Jade knew what was going on, Perrie had lunged forward and caught Jade’s tongue in between her forefinger and thumb. Jade didn’t really know what had gotten into Perrie tonight. Perrie was suddenly so hyper, which was strange considering it was midnight and the blonde was normally asleep by now. Instead, the two were just messing around in Perrie’s bed, not really sure what to do with all this new energy.

“Pewwwwwieeee,” Jade sighed out. It got muffled by the fact that Perrie still had a firm grasp on her tongue. Hearing Jade speak like that led Perrie to burst out in laughter. Eventually she released Jade’s tongue and rolled over, clutching her side from all of her laughter.

Jade rested her back against the head rest of the bed, putting a pout on her face. After a few minutes, Perrie was still laughing to herself, not noticing the pout Jade had put on. This upset Jade even more because she had done it deliberately. She knew it made Perrie’s heart melt.

Slowly and stealthily, Jade crawled over to Perrie. Perrie didn’t noticed because her eyes were still screwed shut as she laughed to herself. Before Perrie had time to react, Jade swung a leg over Perrie’s hip and grabbed Perrie’s wrists and moved them over her head. Jade was straddling Perrie now and she was in Jade’s vice-like grip. She wasn’t going anywhere.

Jade just sat there above Perrie for a while, gazing into her girlfriend’s eyes. Their momentary antics had distracted Jade from the apprehension she felt. Looking into the eyes of the woman she loved brought back all the emotions she had been feeling previously. She was leaving in the morning on a week and a half-long trip, and she wouldn’t be able to take Perrie with her.

Jade was frequently gone now. Ever since her first performance since coming back from her short rehab break, Jade had slowly but surely regained her popularity. Everyone loved Jade again, and this time Jade was being herself one hundred percent. She wasn’t being the good girl gone bad that she had turned into before. Now, she was just being the genuine Jade Thirlwall from South Shields. Everyone seemed to like her more this way. Jade liked herself more this way.