Part 3

After Perrie had finished her breakfast, she looked up at Jade, who hadn’t spoken the entire time. Perrie thought maybe Jade had fallen asleep, or she was too ill to talk. Perrie was almost startled when her eyes met Jade’s intense gaze. That’s when Perrie realized Jade wasn’t necessarily looking directly at her, she was just zoning out and happened to be staring in Perrie’s direction. Perrie wanted to know what Jade was thinking about, but once again she realized she didn’t even really know the girl, so that could come off as her being rude and pushy.

“How are ya feeling now? Aspirin kicked in yet?” Perrie’s words seemed to snap Jade out of her trance, and she jumped slightly, and her cheeks started to blush. Perrie found the blush on Jade’s cheeks adorable, and she sort of hated herself for admitting that. Perrie did think Jade was attractive, but her previous run ins with Jade before last night were what pushed Perrie away from actually having feelings for the singer. Jade’s arrogance really bothered Perrie, but Perrie hadn’t seen much of that in Jade last night. Maybe it was because Jade had been drunk?

“’M doin’ better now, thanks. Thanks for everything actually.” Jade was starting to feel like she overstayed her welcome. The longer she stayed in Perrie’s kitchen, the longer she was reminded of what she had done to make Perrie yell at her the last time she was over. Plus, she still felt terrible for vomiting all over the blonde. Jade stood up abruptly, starting to get overwhelmed by her multitude of feelings.

“So yeah, I’m better, and I’m really grateful for everything you’ve done. But I’m pretty sure I have some sort of event I’m supposed to be at today, so I’ll have to go now.” Perrie stood up then, and she really wanted to confront Jade about her drinking before the girl left, but it really wasn’t the right thing to do. Perrie was really confused as to why she even wanted to be so involved in Jade’s problems. She basically loathed the girl, well at least she had before.

“Are you sure? You don’t want a cuppa for the road or something?” Perrie just wanted an excuse to talk to Jade a little bit longer, but Jade was really determined to get out of Perrie’s flat.

“Yeah, I’m sure. Thanks again Perrie, it was nice seeing you again.” And with that, Jade walked out of Perrie’s kitchen, grabbed her shoes, and let herself out of the house by herself, once again not even looking back.

——

Perrie actually wasn’t sure if she should be extremely worried, or extremely relieved. It had been a whole five days since Jade had left her house, and she hadn’t shown up in the press once. Perrie hoped it was because Jade had finally gone out to get help.

Jade was actually on Perrie’s mind a lot since she had left. For some reason, Perrie just really wanted Jade to get better. Perrie hated seeing the press tear the mickey out of her constantly; Jade deserved some privacy. Perrie couldn’t help but worry though, because if Jade had been checked into rehab for help, that would have made a headline, but so far nothing. It was very eerie.

Perrie felt weird having the celebrity on her mind though; it made her seem like a creepy fangirl. In order to keep her mind off of things for the most part, Perrie spent a lot of time taking more shifts at work and hanging out with her friends. Leigh had decided to stay for a while in South Shields, and her and Perrie had become extremely close again like the old times.

She was actually waiting for Leigh to come over to her flat right now. And since Perrie had some of her rare downtime, of course Jade had snuck into her mind. Without even thinking about it, Perrie had gotten up from the couch and into the kitchen. She made her way to the fridge and stared at the scrap of paper with Jade’s number on it. One quick text wouldn’t hurt right?

Just as Perrie began to reach for the paper, her doorbell rang signaling Leigh was here. Perrie let out a sigh and went to answer the door.

——