[Beacon]

lance mcclain

beacon

Hope was always so appealing, wasn't it? The thought of having something, someone that would bring the brightest bulb in your dim, blotched mind. A new dawn, a new day, a new light; as they used to say.

Life doesn't work that way.

Suffocating; a feeling that was so appealing, that you began to drown in it. And the pitiful sorrows you'd dragged along with you were leaving like birds who were startled by a loud noise.

Scattering.

"She'd like this, don't you think?" Why would he ask? The already empty, desolate format you'd laid on for years was shattering into small, micro pieces. And the black abyss swallowed them up like pieces of candy. Sweet, sweet despair.

I don't like this.

"Oh, but what don't you enjoy? Doesn't the crisp, clean air that fills your lungs every morning just show how wonderful life can be?"

Clean air? More like nasty, dry air; filled with constant lies and mockery. Could you trust anyone? Your deepest, darkest secret tugged on your barely beating heart, almost begging to be free from the toxic landscape it'd been trapped in. But, alas, it was a norm, right?

Where is home?

He'd always wondered what was going on inside that fog filled brain of yours. Every thought, every movement, every word spoken from those delicate lips captivated him. His eyes trailed down your body that he admired, as if you were a god who'd been worshipped by millions.

Beacon.

That mind of yours. The same as society would want it to be. Filled with holes and grey skies, the train of thought had slowed down after another decade passed.

Until you were no longer breathing.

A lone girl, knowing nothing of the world.

Trusting the man she'd believed was her savior.

Lies.

Someone asked for an angst oneshot, so I decided HEY LEMME TAP RIGHT INTO MY FEELINGS FOR THIS ONE.

Enjoy!