8 - Friend

||

"Dipper?" 

Dipper walked towards his great uncle with the thick and heavy journal in his hands. He noticed Mcgucket was also there with him. He smiled knowing they're finally working with each other again.

"What are you doing here?" Ford asked the fifteen year old.

"I think it's about time I take a break from mysteries. Just for today and spend my time with the others." He said as he set the book down in Ford's desk.

Just then he just realized, today's Pioneer Day. An event where people of the town dress up and act as if they're still living in 1800's.

"Aren't you coming, great uncle Ford? You should take a break from this investigation and finally take some time outside." Dipper suggested as he looked at what he was working on. He's still looking further about the new girl in town.

Dipper sighed.

Ford's not exactly the type of person to participate in such crowded events. But maybe this is his chance go to a festival with his family.

"The kid's right, Ford. You had trapped yourself in this dark basement of yours for days now. Maybe it's time for a break?" Fiddleford agreed with Dipper.

"Well.. maybe it won't hurt to take a rest for just a day.." He thought about it and yet  he's still worried that Bill might make his next move if ever he takes a break.

"Then, let's go! The festival hasn't started yet, we can still go together. (Y/n)'s coming as well." Dipper grabbed his great uncle's arms and pulled him away from the basement, excited.

"Oh! Speaking of Ms. (Y/n).." Fiddleford spoke.

"Dipper, do you know any of her relatives, siblings.. her parents?" Dipper looked at him and thought to himself for a moment.

"Well.. I don't know much about her family.. But! She did talk about her father once. She told me he was some sort of scientist and paranormal investigator like great uncle Ford." Dipper responded while Fiddleford looked to the side and thought to himself.

Stanford's eyes lit up as it's suddenly filled with curiosity towards the girl's father.

"She used to live here in Gravity Falls. Maybe you met her when she was a kid? You can go ask her if you want. She'll be at the festival with my friend, Wendy!" Dipper added.

"Ah, yes. Then I'll go meet her later then." He decided. Then the three stood up and walked outside the dark basement.

Somehow that name, Caesar, is so familiar to him. Two years of regaining his memories and yet, not everything were easily recovered. There are still things he doesn't know about himself and the things he's done before he erased it all.

||

"Hey, (Y/n)? Want me to get us some ice cream?" Wendy asked as she nudged your arm while pointing to the ice cream truck not far away from the both of you.

You two were just heading to the Mystery Shack to tell Stan you two won't be working for the day. It's a festival after all.

"Alright! (f/f) as usual please!"

"I'll go buy as some. You go on ahead, I'll catch up." She then ran to the ice cream man and yelled her order to his face. You smiled at how aggressive she was. Still the same old Wendy.

You walk to the Mystery Shack and thought to yourself.

This morning you left Bill at the mansion alone for he cannot come with you at the festival. He told you himself, he can't be seen as a floating triangle, who knows what people would think?