Root.

Skylar's P.O.V.

"so how long will we be here?" I asked Rik.

"dad said about a week or two." I nodded and looked to my right. Ross was walking back from taking a hike since he wanted to scope out the place. I wasn't really keen on going so I stayed and hung out with Riker. When I looked beside the blonde boy I found a girl. She had dark brown hair, almost black and she was only dressed in a... I squinted to make sure I wasn't seeing things. A towel. 

"hey guys." Ross smiled. 

"uh... who's your... uh friend?" Riker wondered in what sounded like disgust. 

"oh yeah guys this is Zoey." Ross said looking down at her. She was about my height and had my color eyes as well. I didn't say anything, just stood there and watched how Ross looked at her. 

"right well Zoey maybe you should go um... well... put some clothes on." Rydel stated as she walked over and glared at her. Zoey looked at me then Rydel and smirked. 

"oh right." she laughed. "my friend Anna stole my clothes while I was taking a shower in the public showers since we're camping in tents. but yeah glad I had a towel or Ross here would have found me naked." she giggled and nudged Ross. He smiled and chuckled himself. I looked at both of them in disgust. 

"uh right... well Zoey it was um... good... to meet you I guess. We should get going." Riker's voice was growing angry. He grabbed Ross' arm and yanked him backwards, pulling him towards our cabin. I looked back at Zoey and watched as she turned around from walking away, smirked and winked at me. I sighed and turned to follow Riker and Rydel. The door was shut so I stayed outside for a moment and listened in. 

"did you see how hot she was." Ross laughed. 

"Ross what the hell! You have a girlfriend." Rydel yelled. I opened the door and took a step inside looking over at Ross who stood in front of Riker. Rik looked up from Ross and up at me making Ross turn around. 

"baby..." Ross gulped. 

"no... it's fine..." I shook my head and walked back out the door. I wasn't sure on where I was going but I wanted to get away from the cabin for a few. So I took off into the woods to ''explore." I walked up the large hill and continued my way deeper into the dark woods. It was so quiet and peaceful here. The birds chirped and whistled through out the trees and little animals hopped along through the tall grass. I wore a pair of shorts that were honestly pretty short and I hated them, but Rydel had bought them for me during one of our stops on the way here. I tugged them down then rolled up the sleeves on my sweater I had over my dark purple tank top, since it was a little chilly out today. I was glad to have taken a walk alone in the woods, it was so relaxing. I looked up at the trees and slightly smiled. As I took another step my foot caught onto something making me trip and fall, I extended my arms catching myself on my elbow. The side of my head hit the root. "ow." I whined as I sat up. I rubbed my head and looked at my elbows, the were a little scraped up and bleeding. It stung for a few moments but was fine afterwards. I sat on the ground for a while until I saw a large, furry, black spider crawling beside me. When I walked out of the woods and down by the cabins Riker had came running to me. 

"where were you!?" he said picking me up in a tight bear hug. 

"I just took a walk." I answered. Rydel ran over and hugged me.

"we searched the entire camp grounds for you." she told me.

"I was walking in the woods." I confessed. A beep echoed around us and Riker picked up his hand reveling a walkie talkie. 

"guy, did you find her?" Ross' shaky voice said through the small device. 

"yeah, yeah she's with Rydel and I now." Riker replied. "were by the cabins." I looked around me confused on why they were all so scared and shaky that I took a walk. A few seconds later Ross came running around the corner and pulled me into a hug. 

"baby where were you? I was so worried." he uttered, his voice muffled by my hair. 

"I took a walk through the woods. I'm fine." I said hugging him back. He pulled away and rested his hand on my cheek and moved my hair out of my face. 

"lets go inside." he suggested. Ross took my hand and led me into our cabin. "I'm sorry about earlier..." he apologized. 

"it's fine Ross." He shook his head.

"no it's not. I know you're mad at me..." 

"Ross it's fine. seriously. let's just leave it at that okay." I sighed and rubbed my head. "ow." I muttered. Ross turned around and looked at me confused. He walked over to me and brushed my hair away from the side of my forehead. 

"gosh babe what happened?" I chuckled then squinted. 

"I tripped in the woods over a root." I said showing him my elbows too. 

"shit babe. your heads split open as well. come on let's get this cleaned up." I nodded and followed him into our cabin bathroom. He washed up my elbows and wrapped them up then wet down a small wash cloth and dabbed it on my head. 

"ow..." I flinched away. 

"sorry baby. It's all bruised." he informed me. Once he was done cleaning that he put a band-aid on it and fixed my hair. 

"thank you." I smiled and wrapped my arms around his waist. 

"anytime baby." he smiled and hugged me tightly.