Cousins.

"mom..." I gasped when I turned around to face her. Ross turned and gripped my hand, he knew how she was. "what are you doing here?" I asked, she smiled and walked towards us. Her hair was pulled up in a messy bun, her deep black lined eyes were blood shot, she wore a short skirt that rode up with every step she took. Her shirt was cut short, stopping right before her belly button which had been pierced. She also had a blunt roll in between her index and middle finger. 

"I thought I'd stop by and see how my youngest daughter was doing." She giggled. This wasn't my mother anymore... 

"what the hell did you do to yourself? you look like shit." I told her, she stopped laughing and looked to me. She brought the blunt up to her lips and puffed at it twice before answering me. 

"Oh don't you love it!! Riley and I had our hair done and everything!" She laughed and showed me her nails. 

"babe... why don't we go inside..." Ross whispered and gently tugged on my arm. I turned around and began walking away from her until some one else grabbed my hand. 

"Wait! I haven't got to meet this sweetheart yet!" A man said, I quickly turned around to see a tall black man holding onto my hand. He smiled showing bright white teeth. He was buff, like huge... Kind of scary... and... his eyes were blood shot too. 

Ross' eyes widened as he pulled me away. The man gripped my hand tighter and shook it. 

"I'm Aron. Your mother's boyfriend." I looked at my mother with wide eyes then back to the huge man holding onto my hand.

"it's um... nice- to meet you... but um I have to go." I gulped and quickly pulled my hand away from the man.

"oh come on, don't go yet. At least let me get to know ya." He laughed and grabbed my arm.

"don't touch her." Ross growled and pulled me away from him. 

"ooh and who may this be?" Aron smiled and looked down to Ross... literally... 

"I'm her boyfriend." Ross said taking a couple steps back, his hand gripped mine tightly a he held me close to him. I looked behind Aron to see my slut for a mother but she wasn't there. 

"come." A squeaky voice next to me said as they ripped me away from Ross' grip. "try this!" My mother insisted as she shoved the blunt roll between my lips. My eyes widened as I quickly took it out and threw it to the ground. 

"ew what the hell! Leave me the fuck alone! I don't like you for one, two your not even my mother anymore. You a fucking whore! Just Leave and stay The Hell away from me!" I shouted at her. She took a small step back with tears in her eyes. 

"don't talk to your mother like that!" Aron yelled wrapping his arm around my mothers shoulder. 

"That!' I pointed to my mom. 'That's not my mom. And who the hell are you to tell me!?" I blurted the last part out before I could think about what I was going to say. His eyes widened as he took a step forward, towards me. Ross quickly slid in front of me, blocking me from Aron's view. 

"I'm your step father!" he shouted, His voice was terrifying. I looked up at him then down at my mother in shock. Ross looked to me then snaked his arm around my waist. 

"you both are disgusting!" I said before Ross and I quickly got inside my building. I hurried to the elevator and pressed my floor button when Ross slid in the doors. Neither one of us said a thing on the way up but as soon as I locked my flat door Ross broke the silence.

"baby..." He mumbled and walked over to me. He used two fingers to tilt my chin up to look at me. "are you okay?" 

"I'm fine. Just disgusted with my mother." I shrugged. "and Aron creeps me out." I chuckled. 

"me too. But when he grabbed your arm... I almost lost it." Ross slightly smiled. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pushed my lips onto his. He smirked and wrapped his arms around my waist and began kissing me back. 

I opened my mouth just enough to let his tongue slide in and battle against mine. 

We pulled away when we were both out of breath. I leaned into his chest and closed my eyes taking in his scent. 

"what do you want to do babe?" Ross asked me. I desperately wanted to go out and drive my car, but I wasn't sure if my mother and her boyfriend were outside. I walked to the window and looked out hoping to see them gone. When there was no one there I turned back to Ross and smiled.

"can we drive to your house. well can I drive." I giggled.

"what about-"

"their gone." I cut him off. 

"oh okay. sure. lets go then." I quickly snatched my keys from the table and slid my phone into my back pocket. As the elevator doors opened revealing the lobby Ross pulled me close to him. 

"just... stay near me okay. Don't let go of my hand." He whispered, I nodded and watched as he entwined our fingers together. We walked out to my car and got in, I quickly started it and began driving to his house. 

~

When I pulled in the drive way and stepped out with Ross, Rydel and Riker came running out. 

"oh my gosh!! Skylar is this your new car?" Rydel yipped as she ran over to me. 

"Yeah do you like it?" I asked.

"hell yes!!" Rik and Delly said in unison. Ross and I chuckled, Delly was quick to grab my hand and pull me inside the house. "have you ever met Derek and Julianne Hough?" Rydel asked. 

"you mean the dancers?" 

"yeah."

"no, but I use to watch them all the time when I was little. My father use to bring me to their shows." I told her. 

"oh my gosh!! We use to go to their shows all the time. Their are cousins!" She giggled. 

"really! No way!! Ross how come you never told me!?" I squeaked and turned to him. He smiled and wrapped an arm around my waist. 

"because I didn't know you liked them." He shrugged. 

"their here!" Rydel screeched.

"What? Why didn't you guys tell me they were coming down?" Ross looked to her and Rik. 

"mom said she wasn't sure if they were or not." Rik shrugged. 

"well where are they?" Ross said excitedly. Rydel, Riker, and I smiled at him. 

"in the living room." Ross quickly let go of me and ran in there. I followed behind him to see Derek and Julianne Hough standing in the middle of the living room. Ross walked over to Julianna and pulled her into a hug then hugged Derek. Everyone was smiling so much, including me. I wish it could stay like this forever, everyone happy. 

"and who is this?" Julianna looked to me and smiled.

"this is my amazing girl friend, Skylar. She use to watch you guys perform all the time." Ross smiled as he wrapped and arm around my waist.

"well it's nice to meet you Skylar." Derek said holding his hand out to me. 

"oh she's really shy..." Ross added. I did feel really shy but I don't want to be like that anymore so I took his hand and shook it. 

"it's really nice to meet you too! You two are awesome!" I chuckled. Ross looked at me shocked while Derek and Julianna smiled.

"thank you! I'd love to hang out with you and Rydel if you don't mind." Julianna looked over at Ross as if asking him permission to take me away from him for a few hours. 

"yeah I'd love that!" I said, Rydel squealed and grabbed both of our hands. She pulled us out the door and to her car before Ross came running out.

"Wait!! Can't I say goodbye to my girlfriend. gosh." He laughed and wrapped his arms around me tightly. He pulled me into his chest and kissed the top of my head. "I love you!" He said.

"I love you too!" I told him. He pulled away just enough to press his lips firmly onto mine. When he pulled away Rydel pushed me towards the car making my hand pull from Ross'. I got in the car and watched Ross walk back inside. Rydel pulled out of the drive way and we began our way to the mall.