Makeup

It was a boring Sunday. Or so it was.

I was lazing around in my room while my roomie, Ji Yeon, was in the room next to mine. We shared an appartment because we wouldn't be able to afford the rent on our own. It's also an excuse for pizza parties. Suddenly, my phone buzzed. It was Ji Yeon. I rolled my eyes and lazily checked her text.

Ji Yeon:
Rinnie-ah?

Me:
Ji Yeon. You're. In. The. Room. Next. To. Mine. You could have literally walked over!

Ji Yeon:
Pft. Whatever. Anyways, something amazing happened!

Me:
DOMINO PIZZA'S NEW FLAVOUR IS CUPCAKE?!

Ji Yeon:
Sorry. That's not right. But! You know that really famous K-Pop group that has millions of fans? BTS?

Me:
Yeah? Why?

Ji Yeon:
Their makeup artist got fired.

Me:
I can see where this is going so I'm going to say no. I'm not going to apply for the job.

Ji Yeon:
But why not?! Your makeup skills are AMAZING!

Me:
I think BTS is just a group of arrogant jerks.

Ji Yeon:
JAE RIN!!!!! HOW DARE YOU?! I keep telling you! THEY AREN'T JERKS! 😡

Me:
🙄

Ji Yeon:
Too bad. I just applied for you. Today's the interview but knowing you, I don't think you'll be ready. I made sure that you'd be able to come in tomorrow to impress the hell out of them. Good luck! 11am @ XXX Building ;)

I sighed and switched off my phone. I mean, I WAS pretty good with makeup so it wouldn't be much of a big deal, right?

***

Tomorrow came fast. Too fast. I was running towards the building since I was about to be late. I didn't want to let the interviews waste their time waiting for me. I didn't know much about BTS. Except for their names and faces. I didn't know ANYTHING about their personalities so I assumed that they were cocky jerks. The receptionist pointed me to my respective room.

I ran inside with so much force that my hoodie pulled over my head. I quickly pushed my hoodie off my head and tried not to pant. I was astounded by the scene in front of me and the noises I heard. Seven grown men were scattered all over the room with another man whom I assume is the manager of BTS.

"Oops. I think I broke it. Again."

"Stop sleeping!"

"AHHHH!!!"

I winced at the loud noises. My eyes fluttered upon one of the seven men. He wasn't screaming or running around. He was simply lying on the floor. Is he dead? No. Wait. His chest is moving. Is he sleeping?! How's he sleeping in this condition?! I coughed to grab someone's attention.

All movement ceased and all eyes landed on me. I blushed. The manager smiled and came over to me.

"Ah. You must be Kim Jae Rin. Miss Ji Yeon told us that you'd be here," the manager greeted me warmly. I bowed and greeted them. The men sat down properly, their faces flushed from embarrassment due to me witnessing their antics. The sleeping guy remained as he was.