The image repeated itself over and over again until my heartbeat steadied.

I opened my eyes, taking a long breath as I sighed.

Cupping some water in my hand, I splashed my red face several times and willed the tears to stay at bay.

Stop acting like a baby, my conscience spat.

I grabbed some tissues and dried my face before throwing my hair in a bun, my left hand burning as I opened the door.

Ruby and Niall were both standing in front of the door, the shop back to its peacefulness and the mess I made cleaned.

"You good?" Niall's blue eyes searched mine; Ruby beside him quiet. "Are your hands alright?"

Though in pain, "I'm okay," I said, as he nodded reluctantly.

I moved past them, tracing my way back to Bob's office for yet another apology.

~

My eyes fell on the guy with the curls, leaning against the side of his car, in front of the coffee shop as I was finally done with my shift.

His toned, tattooed arms were folded against his chest; his eyebrows knitted together as he bit down on his lip.

Without talking to him, I knew Niall had already told him about what happened.

He didn't make a move in walking to me. He just stood there, watching me with so much attention as all I wanted was for the jacket I wore to cover me whole.

I looked back at the shop.

It was way empty now, getting back to the comfortable and silent place you could get lost in and take a break from the world.

To my luck, I didn't do anything stupid for the rest of my shift and went back to working behind the cashier.

Niall, on the other hand, kept pestering me to apply a salve on my hand, and at the end I obliged.

The burn wasn't that bad, but the boy doesn't shut up.

I caught Niall and Ruby working behind the counter, their shifts not done yet, as I looked back at Harry.

Sighing, I placed my left foot ahead of the other and slowly made my way to Harry's car.

Zoe didn't tell me that he was coming when I called her a while ago. I had in mind to walk to the house and breathe some fresh air through my blocked nose, hoping it would clear my head.

I stood in front of him, and he yet kept silent.

Up close, I could see how his sickness affected his features. His eyes were a pale shade of green and were framed by black half moons. His nose was a bright shade of red.

The straight posture he usually held was slumped as he licked his brighter than usual pink lips, "Let's go," he said, breaking the silence first as he tipped his head to the side.

I forgot to add how I was receiving an almost silent treatment from him.

Head lower than usual, I reached for the door beside him to get in.

His arm shot up to my stomach, pushing me slightly away from the door.

Tipping his head in the other direction again, "This way," he said.

I furrowed my eyebrows and looked back at the car doubtfully, wasn't this his car?

"It is my car," he added as if he could read my mind, "we are going to have a walk. I gave my car keys to Niall; he will drive it back to the house later tonight as I asked."