XXIV

I furrowed my eyebrows as I reached out for the car door handle, "Stop the car right now."

He didn't say anything back. Instead, he increased the car's speed.

"Where are you taking us?" I asked again, "Who do you work for?" I shouted.

"Zosie, don't shout," a trembling voiced Zoella said. I wrapped my arm tighter around her.

He still didn't say anything back, his whole attention fixed on the road.

You should have stayed away, look where you are now.

But, I refused to regret anything now. I needed to get us out of here.

I pulled on the door handle but the door didn't budge. It was locked.

"Zosie, what you doing?" she shrieked. I got her off my lap and placed her on the seat beside the window, making him give me a sideways glance. "Hold on to my shirt tightly," I told her.

I calmed my pounding heart and my racing thoughts, "Stop the car," I said lowly. I inched towards him and the steering wheel, "Stop it."

Yet, all he did was just grip the steering wheel harder. I reached out for the wheel and aimed to turn it around. The car swerved to the right, the sound of the tires screeching filled my ears disturbingly as he stepped on the brakes. Zoella let out a small scream.

"Are you out of your mind?" he yelled, stopping the car. "Do you want to kill us?" he asked, his green eyes piercing mine.

"Let us out," I said, carrying Zoe off the seat who was now crying silently. "Open the door and let us out," I said more fiercely. His angered eyes were no longer on mine but on Zoe. He closed his eyes and turned to the steering wheel again, starting the engine.

"Sty-"

"We are going to the hospital," he said.

My heart hammered in my chest upon hearing that. I looked down at Zoella to check if something had happened to her when the car swerved, but nothing was wrong with her except for the silent cries that vibrated off her chest.

I looked at him madly, "Why would we go to the hospital?"

"To check on your hip. I know you won't go do that alone, so I decided I will take you myself. See, I'm not some freaking top secret spy, Josephine," he said, raising his voice a bit louder than normal.

"And I know if I told you that, you would still refuse to go with me; therefore, I did it my way. If you don't believe me," he paused and got out his phone from his pocket, unlocking it and pressing a few buttons before he turned the phone screen to my direction, his eyes on the road, "look at the GPS and see where we are and where we are heading." I examined the screen and found that we were indeed making our way to a hospital.

My jaw dropped, "Are you serious?" disbelief lacing my voice.

"Ye-"

"Why would you decide that for me? I told you that I won't go to a damn hospital, it's not your decision to make!" I bellowed, gritting my teeth.

"First, stop shouting my ears are literally ringing, and if it's not for my sake then let it be for the sake of the little girl who's in the car crying from fear." I swallowed and wiped the dried tears off Zoe's face. She sniffled and hugged my waist, looking at him.

"Second, you need to go to the hospital whether you like it or not. If you expect to keep you and your sister safe and sound, then you sure as hell can't do that limping. I'm just doing your stubborn self a favor." he reached out to the box of tissues on the dashboard, snatching one out and giving it to Zoe.