XL

I closed the door to the history class.

Who told the teacher I needed her to summarize for me the lessons I had missed? I was fine without knowing what took place centuries ago.

My phone buzzed in my pocket, notifying me I got a message. I stopped and took my phone out, even though lunchtime was almost over and I hated going to class by walking through crowded halls.

It buzzed again as I opened the messaging app. There were two voice messages from an unknown number.

I furrowed my eyebrows, opening the chat as I looked up at the sound of footsteps echoing through the hall.

I recognized his sandy brown hair that was in a disheveled mess and looked back at the phone then lifted my eyes to his face again.

Locking the phone, I placed it in my back pocket and advanced towards him as the crease between my eyebrows deepened.

"Dylan?" I raised my hand to his face as he snapped his eyes to me, just noticing that I was in the hall too. "What's with your f-"

"Nothing," he said, pushing my hand away, and proceeded to walk.

I followed him and stood in front of him yet again, "What do you mean nothing? Your face. It's.." I observed his face as I wasn't able to describe how messy his face looked.

Messy with red, blue and purple bruises—everywhere.

His lips were cut open, and his left cheek had a small red bruise. His right eye was swollen and underneath it was a tiny scar.

"I will see you later." He walked past me again, hitting my shoulder in the process.

I turned around and looked at him in confusion as he placed his hands in his denim jacket and rounded the corner, walking out of sight.

Harry came out of that hall, looking behind him at Dylan. He turned his attention back to where he was going, a smirk growing on his lips when his eyes fell on me.

"Did you do that?" I sternly asked when he was within hearing range.

"Did you do this to him?" He asked at the same time.

"No."

"I wish."

We said in unison.

I searched his face to check if he was lying, but he looked merely amused. I looked back at the place where Dylan vanished. Who did he fight with? Did some of these bullies he spoke of attack him?

The blood from the scar on his lip and at the bottom of his eye was way too dried up to be from today though.

I should follow him and ask him again.

Harry coughed, "Look at me not at air," he said, offended.

I shifted my gaze to him for my eyes to fall on another bright red colored bruise on his neck.

This wasn't a normal bruise though.

I pressed my lips into a thin line and looked at the floor, "I want to go to the house," I said, tucking my hair behind my ear as my insides were set on fire.

"What? Now? It's only twelv-why are you blushing?"

I clenched my jaw, subtly returning my hair back to cover my face, "I will go alone." I turned around to leave, but he caught my arm.

"Woah, let's go home then." He smiled, placing his arm around my shoulder.

I pushed back the thoughts on why he was such in a good mood and removed his arm off my shoulder, placing enough distance between us.