Pretty Little Bitches

Start from the beginning

"Look, we're having a little get together tonight down at The Wood, I think you'd have a lot of fun," Claire's voice was low as she slowly chewed her gum, waiting for Molly to reply, "Besides, Issac will be there and I heard he's been working up the balls to ask you out." 

Anna frowned, confused at Claire's offer and slightly worried. But, she quickly shook the ill feeling, knowing Molly knew better than to believe anything Claire had to offer.

Molly's eyes finally lifted to her, a flicker of light danced across the glassy surface. For a moment she looked hopeful, but it was brief as she looked away once again. 

Suddenly she began to pack up her lunch, her face frozen in an unamused frown.  

Claire narrowed her brows, clearly confused as she watched her struggle to get as far away from her as possible, "I'd take the invite sweetheart, I can promise you this opportunity won't come again."

Anna watched as Molly stopped, once again making eye contact with Claire, who actually took a step back from the look she received. 

Just a second past as they stared at one another. Molly eyes dancing around Claire's facial features with a slight scowl, only to sling her long bag over her shoulder and storm out of the cafeteria. 

"Since when did we start inviting people like that to hang out with us?" Anna asked innocently, wondering what exactly Claire had up her perfectly ironed sleeve. 

Taking a deep breath and flipping her long black hair behind her shoulder, Claire turned to her friends, "Oh, you'll see," she promised, slightly smirking as she too, walked out of the cafeteria.

When the school day finally ended, Anna found herself at home picking out the perfect outfit for the night. If Claire was telling her the truth, then Nolan was going to be there and she didn't want to screw up what she looked like.  

Jumping up and down in an attempt to hike the tightest jeans she had, Anna had to lay herself down to even get them buttoned. Finally smoothing out the material, she huffed knowing she still needed a top.

She couldn't bare the thought of a tight top, so she settled on her sweatshirts. Her fingers dancing across the new ones, to the older ones, finally reaching her freshman soccer hoodie.

Anna hesitated for a moment, knowing that she had kept her old life a secret for a reason. She was sure none of her friends knew she had been involved in sports since she was a kid. It was really a detail that mattered, that's what she told herself anyway.

But as her fingers clung to the fabric, she found herself pulling it from the hanger and slipping it over her head as she gazed at herself in the mirror. Head falling to the side, she traced her former schools emblem and turned around to see her last name printed on the back of the sweatshirt.

"I'm surprised you still have that," Scott, Anna's father admitted as he stood in the doorway, arms crossed over his board chest. His once dark hair was beginning to fade as the grey crept its way in. 

He was rugged and handsome all at the same time. He was still in his uniform and his golden sheriff's badge flashed as fragments of lights hit it. 

Anna turned away from her reflection, "I didn't realize I did, I'll probably donate it or something, just needed something warm."

Scott nodded, but she watched as her father looked at her closet full of hoodies, then back to her with a small smile on his lips. He knew that she knew it was still in there, but he chose to leave the topic alone for the moment.

He was a great father, always when to say something and when to not.

"Your mom wanted me to let you know it's time for dinner, she made your favorite."