Chapter 29

Chapter 29

It's the weekend. Finally. And now aside from what's happening with Danny, we still have stuff to do for the wedding.

The sound of Rose singing Story of My Life by One Direction is what I'm listening to as mom drives to who knows where. It's Friday after school and I just want to sleep. Or be with Jack. Or both.

"I miss you" Jack texts me.

"I miss you too"

Normally I would've rolled my eyes since we saw each other about an hour ago but I do miss him. A lot.

We stop at a bakery and i smile. I have a thing for cake decorating. It seems so fun. I'm a bit of a baker myself and it's pretty fun to look at other peoples creations.

"I want cake," Rose says as we enter the store. "Me too," I admit.

I want cake... I also want pizza, ice cream, mozzarella sticks, French fries, and cookies. Maybe not all at once... Okay maybe all at once. Don't judge me.

My mom goes off to talk to someone and I walk around with Rose, looking at all the pretty cakes.

A guy that looks about to be in his twenties steps behind the glass where the cakes are and Rose shamelessly tells him that she wants cake.

"I'm sorry. She has no filter. We'll get some cake later," I tell both Rose and the guy. He looks at me for a brief second and smiles, "No, it's ok."

He cuts a piece of the cake and hands it to Rose. I smile. That was sweet of him to do.

"Did you want a piece too?" He asks and I shake my head, "No, thank you."

"Yeah she does. She just told me she did," Rose blurts out and I shush her quickly, "No I didn't."

She nods, "Did too."

I laugh a little and look at the guy with an embarrassed look and just shrug, "Okay, maybe I do."

"It's no problem," he says handing me a piece of cake and I thank him. Rose and I find a seat and I look at her with a menacing look as I shove a piece of cake in my mouth.

"What?" She asks, swinging her legs and eating the cake.

"You can't just rat me out like that," I tell her playfully and she shrugs, "I was just telling the truth."

"You're right," I sigh and she nods, "I know."

Dang, she really is learning from me.

I check my phone and I have another text from Jack, "Can I take you somewhere tomorrow?"

"Where?"

"It's a surprise."

"Of course it is."

";)"

".l."

"Faith... If you want it just ask."

"ITS A MIDDLE FINGER YOU IDIOT."

"I'm sure it is <3 it's ok faith."

"I hate you"

"I love you too :) but seriously, let me take you out tomorrow"

"Ok"

"Are you pouting?"

"No"

"Yeah you are"

And suddenly I had a smile stretching from ear to ear. He knows me too well.