Chapter 11

Chapter 11

"Are my eyes red and puffy?" I asked looking up at Jack. He shook his head and wiped away a year that never fully came down, "Just a little. But don't worry, it's not noticeable." I nodded thankfully but I still had no clue what it was that I was going to say for running off like that. Maybe my mom will understand if I just hand her my phone. I'll do that. Oh and I don't think after what just happened, I would feel too good about calling him Butt Chin anymore.

We walked back towards the group and everyone frantically asked, "What happened?" Jack tried telling them to give me space and I just gave my mom my phone opened to the text. She skimmed it and her gaze hardened. She was angry. I knew that. But she pulled the most unrealistic smile for my sake and said, "Lets just keep moving."

Everyone hesitantly nodded and we made our way to a different ride in silence. Things had taken a turn for the worst and it was all her fault. Yet somehow I couldn't bring myself to hate her. Even after everything. Even after all the multiple stabs, I still didn't hate her. Maybe it's just not in me to hate someone. I've never been capable of hating anyone and I never understood why. In a way it's good because my heart isn't filled with resentment but at the same time it's bad because I keep letting her manipulate me and that takes a toll on me way too often. Especially on days like this, when I should be happy, I find myself being sad. I just don't think I'm capable of being cruel to her because then that would make me just like her and I don't want to be anything at all like her.

"How about you guys just go on to the fun rides and we take Rose on the kiddy ones?" My mom suggests, her eyes solely on me and I knew she was just trying to take my mind off of everything that happened. I think it would be good to just scream away the pain in exhilarating rides so I agreed.

"Sure," I replied simply. Jack, Blondie, and I made our way to a different ride. We walked in silence for a good five minutes until Blondie spoke.

"What happened back there?"

"Look Jack I don't think she-" Jack began but I interrupted, "It's fine. Someone texted me that brought back memories and I just got really emotional."

Blondie nodded and we continued walking aimlessly. We went to a random ride and it was like the world wanted to punch Jack in the gut because Luke was there.

"Are you following me?" He asked and I laughed, nodding, "Yes, I totally am."

I looked over at Jack and he gave me a 'shoot me' look. I tried my hardest not to smile and turned my attention to Luke, trying not to be rude.

"Well, I think we should just stick together the whole day so you won't have to go looking for me," he stated and my eyes widened. Jack stepped in angrily and stated, "I'm sure that'd be lovely but she's with her family today and I know she wouldn't tell you that because she wouldn't want to be rude so I can just tell you right now, she can't. Sorry."

I looked at Jack, wide eyed. Blondie and Luke had the same expression but Jack just seemed pissed.

"Woah man, calm down. I asked her, not you," Luke stated and before Jack could answer to that, I interjected, "No, I really can't. I am with my family today and it wouldn't be right. Sorry about that."

Luke sighed, nodded, and turned around, "Whatever." Well alright then.

It was our turn to get on the ride and Jack sat next to me, whispering, "I don't like that Luke dude at all."

I rolled my eyes, "He was just being nice."

"And flirting, but you, as always, didn't see that."

"As always?" I asked, completely confused. He sighed, "You never realize the way guys look at you or talk to you. You're so naive. But I can see it."