Chapter 13

Chapter 13

My eyes opened as the sun hit my eyes annoyingly. I stood up to close the blinds and crashed on the bed again. I smiled as I remembered last night. How did I have the courage to tell him everything? That wasn't like me in the least way. I guess when you really start to like someone you start doing and feelings things that you normally wouldn't. I'm not sure. I've never experienced this before.

I looked over at mom and Rose's bed and they looked fast asleep. My stomach grumbled and I had to get breakfast whether they were awake or not. If I had the ability to marry food, I would. Without a doubt. That's random. Moving on.

I grabbed my phone from the bedside table and checked to see if I had any messages. The corners of my mouth curved almost immediately when I saw I had a message from Jack.

"You wanna come get breakfast with me? Nobody else is awake and I'm starving."

It was sent five minutes ago. I quickly typed in, "Yeah, just give me five minutes and I'll be out."

I basically jumped out of bed and rushed to the bathroom where I did my deed and brushed my teeth. I was wearing sweats and a tank top. I was just going to get breakfast so I didn't feel the need to change.

My slippers were on and I opened the door. Forgetting to fix my hair. I don't even care to be honest.

As soon as I opened the door, I saw Jack standing there already in his red plaid pajama pants and black t-shirt. His hair was disheveled and it looked incredibly sexy. Damn.

"How can you have just woken up and still look that good?" He asked as we began walking where they serve breakfast. My cheeks instantly reddened and I looked down. "Well I could ask the same thing to you."

His lips curved into a smile which then made me smile. Gosh, so much smiling. Since when do I show my happiness to humans? Things just keep getting weirder everyday.

We arrived shortly and I instantly grabbed basically everything in sight that looked good. We sat down and began to eat.

"So what are we doing today?" I asked as I shoved a piece of pancake into my mouth. Jack shrugged, "Not sure. I think we're supposed to go to Aquatica." My eyes widened, "We're going to another park?" Jack nodded and my stomach dropped. How much was Jeff going to spend just for my birthday? This is way too much. I feel extremely guilty.

"What's wrong? Your face completely lost color," Jack pointed out, popping a hash-brown into his mouth. "Jeff is paying way too much. It's seriously making me feel really bad. We can just chill in the hotel pool. It'd be fine!"

"Faith," He groaned, dragging out the 'A' in my name, "It's seriously okay. He does this every year and spends the same amount of money. I think it's amazing how you're so concerned though. Most people would be thrilled to have money spent on them." I shook my head, "No way. I feel like I'm in debt with them. I hate getting money spent on me."

He grinned, "You never fail to amaze me every single day."

Simple words like that make me lose my mind. He will never know how much of an effect he has on me and I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not.

Once we were done eating, we made our way back to our rooms. As soon as I walked in, my eyes met my moms and she smiled at me. "Were you out getting breakfast with Jack?" She asked with a wink. My mother has the ability to speak and act like a teenage girl sometimes and it's really awkward for everyone involved.

I nodded and replied shortly, "Yeah." She ran towards me and put her hands on her hips, "How'd it go?"

I groaned and walked past her. She's the weirdest mother I've ever met. But also the best. "It went fine," I muttered laying down on my bed. "Jack said we're supposed to go to Aquatica. Is that true?" I asked.