Chapter 22

Chapter 22

It's the first day of school. Already. I'm not really sure how summer slipped by the way it did but a lot of things happened that I will never forget.

Nothing much happened after the small argument with Jack. Him and I saw each other almost every day but that was about it.

I'm wearing a black skirt with a daisy pattern and a white shirt tucked in. My hair was straightened and it came down to my waist. I never really knew how long it was since it's always curly.

I made my way downstairs where my mom had nicely made me some pancakes with bacon and toast. It was a sigh to see let me tell you.

My mouth watered at the sight and I noticed that the pancakes were in a Mickey Mouse shape. "Remember how I used to do that for you as a kid?" My moms voice is heard behind me. I look at her and nod, smiling. This was one of my favorite dishes by her at the time. I just thought it was the coolest thing. Anything impressed me as a kid, really. I think all kids get impressed easily. Rose sure does. There I go, thinking too much.

Once I was done there was a knock on the door and I was confused as to who it could be. I made my way towards the door and opened it. To my surprise, Jack was standing before me.

"Hello beautiful," he said leaning down and pressing a soft kiss upon my lips, "Mm. Syrup."

My cheeks flush as I still haven't gotten used to the whole dating thing. We've kissed a couple of times but he still manages to emit butterflies no matter how many times he kisses me.

"What are you doing here?" I ask. I never told him to come here and he doesn't start college until September.

"I'm taking you to school," he says in a 'duh' tone as he comes inside the house. My heart flutters at how caring he is. I never asked him to do this but he brought it upon himself to wake up early for me. Gosh, I have a keeper. I already knew that but now I know even more.

My mom walks in the kitchen and when she sees Jack she looks confused.

"He's taking me to school," I say with a smile to indicate how happy that made me so she won't say anything negative about it. She nods and smiles, not saying a thing.

"Tell Rose I said bye," I say before I leave. Rose starts school later than me so she was asleep. Lucky her.

I get in the car and Jack drives off.

"Are you nervous?" He asks. I nod, now feeling my stomach churn. I feel like everyone hates the first day of school. Especially since most teachers make you talk out loud to introduce yourself. Who does that?

"Let's ditch," I say jokingly and he nods, "Let's do it." Then there's a pause.

"Just kidding. Because then tomorrow everyone would know pretty much what they're doing except you and I wouldn't want that," he sweetly adds and my lips curve up into a smile. This boy. He will be the death of me.

We soon arrive at the school and my heart is basically out of control at this point. I don't want to leave the comfort of Jack's car.

"Hey," Jack says, gently rubbing my arm. I look over at him with sad eyes and he leans forward to press a kiss on my forehead down my nose and finally at my lips. "It will be okay, I promise."

I try my hardest to smile for him and I nod. I'm not sure if this point has been addresses but I highly dislike people. Now I have to go to a building full of them. A building full of people who will stop in the middle of the damn hallway to talk to old friends, say stupid things that they think will make them seem cool and just people. People are so... Ugh.