Chapter 18

Chapter 18

Jack was surprisingly of really good help with finding a dress. He gave my mom a dress that I would have never thought about giving to her and she absolutely fell in love with it and she got it. It was even in her price range. He obviously boasted about it through text all the way home and I just rolled my eyes every single time he bragged about it. I was grateful though. We're one step closer but today was a long enough day and we are home now.

My back was pressed against the couch as I played with my fingers. I was waiting for a reply from Jack. I'm not sure why I didn't just get a ride from him after we were done because I know we're supposed to hang out sometime today anyway. Though I'm not really in the mood for doing anything. I just want to relax.

"No, ur just short."

We had been talking about, well actually, he was just saying that I was short but I told him that it was because he was tall and that's what he replied to that.

"Whatever, whatever. I still think it's because you're tall."

"Yeah, okay. Sure. So what do u want to do? (:"

I bit my lip. I didn't want to seem like a downer and tell him that I didn't really want to do anything so I decided to just give him the choice.

"Idk, you pick. :p"

I walked up to my room with my phone in my hand and changed into black yoga pants and left my hoodie on. I just noticed Jack didn't say anything about my glasses. Had he not noticed? How do you not notice that?

"How about I pick u up and since I know ur tired, we can order pizza and watch Disney movies together? :*"

My insides turned to jelly at how perfect that sounded. It was also very thoughtful of him to think about how tired I must've been and come up with that perfect plan.

"That sounds perfect. <3"

"Alright I'm on my way."

My phone beeped again soon after he texted me and it was him again.

"And by the way, I never told u but I noticed u were wearing glasses. I didn't know u did but u look as cute as ever."

I smiled like an idiot and texted back, "Thank you. <3 now stop texting and driving."

I could almost imagine the smirk on his face when he reads the text message and I can't help but smile myself.

After a few minutes I get a text from him saying he's here so I said goodbye to mom and Rose, grabbed some money for the pizza that I had left on the counter earlier and made my way to his car. "Hey," I said as I buckled my seat belt.

"Hey," he replied and poked my glasses. "We were so caught up in the conversation yesterday that I didn't tell you how adorable you look in your glasses."

Damn it, Jack. Shut up.

My cheeks instantly turned a crimson shade and I punched him lightly on his shoulder, "Stop saying and doing cute things."

He chuckled that adorable chuckle. You know, that one that sounds like heaven and makes his eyes squint a little in the most adorable way possible. Yeah, that one.

We soon arrived at his house and that's when I realize I had never met his parents. Nor had I seen his house. I suddenly got really nervous. What if his parents don't like me?

"What if your parents don't like me?" The words fumble out of my mouth before I could even decide if I should say that or not. That always happens to me.