Sleeping Through the Weekend (Songfic)

I thought about an idea for an angst fic with these two with this song, so here it is. :3
I don't know if this is angst enough, but I tried XD
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Touch cheeks, feel your breath;
Hair falls on my neck;
It slips down my spine;
You look like you're fine.

Kirishima was lying next to his best friend, the two sharing a bed and blanket that belongs to Bakugo. The blonde was already peaceful in dream land while he was wide awake, not able to sleep. His mind kept wandering to the boy beside him, trying not to overthink the situation. Kirishima knew that his love wasn't reciprocated, suffering through a one-sided emotion.

He turned himself towards Bakugo, hair falling toward his neck and just stared at the boy, listening to his shallow breathing. This was the only time that Kirishima saw Bakugo with a calm expression, so he wanted treasure moments like this.

I don't stop, you know.
You tumble and I follow.
Your head lays down low;
Coming too close.

He knew he shouldn't feel this way towards his best friend, but one can't stop their emotions sometimes. Especially with everything that they've been through together, which had made the red head more in love with Bakugo.

He felt the blonde shift himself, head touching Kirishima's shoulder. He stiffened and turned red. He gently scooches himself away, knowing Bakugo would flip, so he respected that Bakugo didn't like stuff like that.
Especially with him.

Give me a small frown.
You tumble and I fall down.
Push hair from your face;
Hope you're ok.

Bakugo knew the way Kirishima felt towards him, and yet was still friends with him. The red head was grateful, but at times he wished that the boy would frown at him more. His smile was beautiful, making Kirishima hold himself back from straight out kissing his best friend.

Kirishima pushes hair out of Bakugo's face, getting a better view of his neutral expression.
Bakugo's face scrunched up in fear out of nowhere and starts to panic. He has mini explosions coming from his hands. Kirishima hardened his skin to avoid injuries.
He grabbed Bakugo's shoulder with his right hand and his face with his left. He made shhhing noises to calm the other, ending in success.

Whisper you love me,
But lovers you don't want to be.
Fall out of touch;
Don't speak too much.

Bakugo had calmed down, and had a small smile on his face. Kirishima pulled away, proud that he had helped his nightmare. But before he could try and sleep, Bakugo had whispered words that he had wished to hear for a long time.

"I love you."

Kirishima's heart exploded out of his chest. His love interest had said words that were so foreign from his lips. He hoped that the words Bakugo had said in his sleep were for him, but the red head knew better.

'He'd never have feelings for me.'

When Bakugo had found out about Kirishima's love for him, Kirishima had kept his distance. He didn't interact with Bakugo for about 2 weeks until there was the one incident where Kirishima failed a test. He needed a tutor, and Bakugo had offered (threatened) that he'd help. The red head had tried to decline, but was forced to go to the other boys dorm. It was awkward at first, but then they started acting like best friends again and hung out everyday.

Kirishima decided that maybe it was best that he went to his dorm to sleep for the rest of the night. He quietly exited the room with a soft click from the closing door and went into his room next door. He slams himself on the bed, and cover himself with the thin covers.

And that's
Where my heart tries to mend.
It's not alright when you're friends,
but I'm tired of 5 AM.
It's where my mind goes again.

He didn't realize how long he stared at the ceiling because before he knew it, the clock beside him read 5:18 A.M. He groaned, and tried to at least get a few hours of sleep. But of course, his mind went to Bakugo and his confession to no-one. Why the blonde had said those words was beyond him.
Kirishima wished that his mind would stop thinking about Bakugo just this once.

Sleep through weekends;
Sleep through weakness.

Well, he could always just sleep the day away like he used to. It was the weekend, after all. Kirishima would have usually done it to avoid Bakugo, but since they were fine now, he didn't. But maybe... just this once he could and wake up without these emotions.

Sleep through weekends;

It was ok, though. Even if they didn't disappear, Kirishima would ignore them.
After all...
"If Bakugo's happy with just being friends, then I'll be fine with it, too."

Sleep through weakness...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Oof, it's up to you to determine whether or not Bakugo had feelings for Kirishima in this story. •<•